STAR FLEET TIMES
STAR FLEET TIMES ONLINE
Star Fleet Times was, for five years, the official newsletter of the Star
Fleet Universe. It ceased publication with issue #50 because Internet had made
it obsolete. We may reprint much of the material from these old issues in a
future "Best of SFT" product, but this is not on the schedule yet. SFT
was published about 10 times a year. Each issue included current events,
announcements, tactics, questions and answers, tournament listings, playtest
ships and scenarios, etc.
NOTE: At this time, groups of 5 Star Fleet Times issues are being uploaded to Warehouse 23.
- #1: Gorn, Romulan fast cruisers; first draft of the Custom Ship Design
- #2: Tholian, ISC maulers; D5 squadron SSD; monitor scenario
- #3: Romulan Saberhawk SSD, CDS expansion rules for Andro, Frrax, WYN Fish,
- #4: Humor issue including weird ships (Orion, Klingon, WYN).
- #5: Tournament spotlight including tactics for the new ships added in
- #6: Origins report; campaign design; Canadi'en non-mauler SSD.
- #7: SFB sample campaign rules; Deltan DW SSD.
- #8: Legendary officers, Fed carrier hybrid SSDs.
- #9: Scary ships: Andro Shiva, Rom Megahawk, Lyran SSCS, Fed CVN (72
- #10: More legendary (and not-so-legendary) officers, two Barbarian SSDs.
- #11: Naval Construction Docks and Warp Gate SSs.
- #12: Fiction, F&E Production Wheel concept, Flivver carrier group.
- #13: Another humor issue including bizarre ships (Fed POL mauler, etc.).
- #14: Fighter-bombers and bombers (3- and 4-space fighters).
- #15: First look at the Nicozians; Jindarian tournament ship for playtest.
- #16: Origins report; Orb scenario; Hidden Agenda fiction.
- #17: Term papers; crossword; Klingon D5VP SSD.
- #18: Special issue dedicated to a new (humorous) race, the Josers.
- #19: Scary Ships Issue: Paravian DN, Kzinti super BT, Lyran triple mauler,
Hydran HB DN.
- #20: Vudar Special Part 1: Ion Storm Generator rules; 4 new Vudar ships.
- #21: Vudar Special Part 2: Ion Cannons, IPG, rules update, 6 more Vudar
- #22: Federation Stealth Fighters, Andromedan conjectural PFs.
- #23: Product update, Weird DNs (Fed Diplomatic DN, Klingon C9J, Kzinti
Escort DN, Gorn Commando DN, Lyran Dreadnought Tug).
- #24: The Iridani, a new (real) SFB race for the Omega Project!
- #25: Tournament Update, including 10 official sanctioned tournament ships
fully updated. The weakest ships (TKE, TKR, Seltorian) have been improved
with extra phasers!
- #26: Variants of the OK6, last battle of the OK6 scenario, updated
Jindarian tournament cruiser.
- #27: Fast cruisers for simulator races, huge Maze of Asteroids scenario
- #28: Captain's Log #18 preview, Andromedan X-tech, Scary Ships III: Rom
double eagle, Lyran-Kzinti combined war cruiser, Andro X-ships, Seltorian
- #29: New Omega Sector race, the Federal Republic of Aurora, including all
rules needed and 5 ship SSDs.
- #30: Battleship Carriers and Stellar Domination Ships (6 SSDs plus rules).
- #31: Sigvirions (another Omega Sector race); Tournament Rules Test;
Jindarian and Vudar tactics.
- #32: Iridani Fighters (see issue #24), combo-hulled Lyran
ships (Arctic Lion CW, Limping Cat CA, Manchurian Tiger CV, Battlecat DD,
Housecat HDW), light dreadnoughts (Klingon, Kzinti).
- #33: Heavy dreadnoughts (Fed, Rom, Gorn), weird General War ships (Fed
Turret Cruiser, Klingon E3X, Romulan Sniper Frigate, Gorn Bubble
Dreadnought, Qari Multi-Turret Cruiser).
- #34: Three playtest scenarios (Gorn-ISC, Orion-Andro,
Fed-Rom Q-ship), obscure old Rom variants (Battle Eagle CVM, BH-B DDL, King
Falcon heavy mauler, Screech Owl HSC, Snipe-C FFL).
- #35: The Souldra, a new race for the Omega Sector (complete rules
- #36: Engine-mounted weapons on Alliance ships (support
variants, such as troop transports, which actually have heavy weapons to
match those of their Coalition foes). This is a three-part project in three
issues, with 31 total ships. All three issues were published simultaneously
in October 1998.
- #37: Engine-mounted weapons, part 2 of 3 (see issue
- #38: Engine-mounted weapons, part 3 of 3 (see issue
- #39: The Deal's done, alternate base rules.
- #40: Scary Ships of 1998 part 1; Scary
Weapons; Colony Evolution.
- #41: Scary Ships of 1998 part 2; Andromedan
and Seltorian Tournament Ship changes.
- #42: Strange Days; Strange Ships, New Tournament Units.
- #43: SFB Back on Track, New Freighter Variations.
Star Fleet Times
Mail Order Bonus
|Copyright © 1991-2014 Amarillo Design Bureau, All Rights Reserved
||Updated 30 April 2007