Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SFBOL - two question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P_R_S
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject: SFBOL - two question Reply with quote

1 - Is it necessary to have an active subscription to play solo (monster) scenarios?

2 - when playing 2 player is it possible to play asyncronously without being both online simultaneously?

thanks
Riccardo
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Yes. Demo accounts are currently limited to playing the Fed TCC and Klingon TD7C
2. No. SFB Online does not support asynchronous play
P_R_S
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Crying or Very sad
Sebastian380
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject: Online Play Reply with quote

Hi P_R_S, If you're interested in online play let me know.
P_R_S
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Online Play Reply with quote

Sebastian380 wrote:
Hi P_R_S, If you're interested in online play let me know.

Thank you Sebastian,
I think it will be extremely difficult to schedule some "live" actually a classic PBeM (is this still an option?) wll be much easier, unless you can be on-line without scheduling (I, sometimes, can in late afternoon or late night (GMT+1)) and play a few impulses when it happens that we are on-line at the same time Smile
Sebastian380
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject: PBEM Fed Comm Reply with quote

I've tried to get some PBEM games off the ground in the past and, I suppose it's possible, but the PBEM system requires a moderator to manage the game as far as I can tell. I'm happy to be proven wrong on this.
If you can think of a way to play PBEM without a moderator I'd be happy and interested to try it out.
There are some very good PBEM rules for SFB (and FC) on the ADB website but I don't know if FC PBEM has really been tested. SFB by email was popular at one time and I have played it with some success.
Again, I'm happy to try this with you and I'll message you with my contact information.
Something funny I found out about PBEM FC is that because the game has been streamlined for easier Over the Board play it can be even more difficult to play by email. For example, in FC the 'me too' system that applies to speed changes and firing decisions is very easy to use over the board but much more cumbersome to use by email.
P_R_S
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think the only way to play without a moderator is using the OnLine platform playng a single impulse per saves (and than mail your opponent to take his move) but I do not really know how this platform works so we should try.

I played the official PBEM many years ago and it was perfect to me and my RL scheduling Smile

(contact sent)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: