Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What year are weapons available?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hargert
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:36 am    Post subject: What year are weapons available? Reply with quote

I have just started playing the game and I see where ships have a year put in service but I am not finding when weapons are? Am I missing a table somewhere but when say are the different types of drones or say Ph-G available to Orion weapon mounts?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weapons, for the most part, either have their introduction date established in their weapon rule, or have "always existed".

For example, Pl-S weren't rolled out until Y170. However, Pl-F, Pl-G, and Pl-R have "always existed". Also, features, e.g. plasma shotgun, that get their own introduction dates also specify when they are available in their rule.

But, for reference, phasers, drones -A/B/C/D, photons, disruptors, fusions, ESGs, and Pl-F/G/R have "always existed". By "always existed" I basically mean at least from the start of the Middle Years in Y120. (Earlier is outlined it separate modules that gives much more introduction information.)

Hellbores, Pl-S, PPD, and special features (e.g. DERFACS or plasma carronade) of the above weapons will have their introduction dates listed in their rules.

Worst case, however, just look for the earliest ship that includes that weapon. That is the functional introduction date for that weapon. Smile

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that FC doesn't really have dates (SFB does) and there are SFB years way back there where plasma isn't built yet.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the Star Fleet Battles discussion section on the Forum. Very Happy

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Hargert
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks that is just what I was looking for. Just wanted to make sure I was not being a moron.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we once did a technology timeline thing, not sure if it's still anywhere. You could reconstruct it from the rulebooks and MSC easily enough. But if you're not back in Early Years, it's mostly all available. Some drones have set dates, plasma-S does, X-tech does. Of course, heavy fighters (and indvidual fighters) and gunboats have dates in the MSC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: