Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Andromedan issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emilykiny62
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: Andromedan issues Reply with quote

A couple of questions inspired by last night's Feds vs Andros game...

1) If a ship is displaced, are its turn and sideslip modes reset to zero?

2) If a mothership is destroyed, what happens to satellite ships in its hangar?

3) A less likely situation, if a satellite ship inside the mothership's hangar is destroyed (if it was recovered with full panels but too severely damaged to power them on the next turn, perhaps), what happens to the mothership?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Nope. Doesn't reset anything at all from the target's movement.

2) If a mothership is destroyed, anything it was carrying is also destroyed. That isn't explicitly stated anywhere, but just a natural function of how the game otherwise works: Anything in a ship that is destroyed is in turn destroyed. I don't know if (5E7) should apply, but should. However, it would require the mothership to have unused transporters or displacement devices to do so. Any that fail to get out will be destroyed along with the mothership.

3) There are two different scenarios here:
A) A recovered satellite ship drops its panels in the hangar.
B) A recovered satellite ship is destroyed in hangar.
In the case of 3-A, the rule (5V1c3) says that energy released from the PA panels of a Satellite ship in the hangar can be absorbed by the PA panels of a different Satellite ship in the hangar. It doesn't say it, but does imply that failing that the mother ship's PA panels could also absorb the energy. Outside that scenario, things are not fully defined. I will need to ask how to handle them.

The most direct (I hesitate to say "easiest") method to handle all of #3 is to do this: While in a hangar, the energy in a satellite ship's PA panels are never directly resolved as damage to the satellite ship itself. Instead, it counts as released energy in the mothership. At that point, follow the priority list of places to transfer the energy from (3G5c), except other satellite ships in the hangar are moved from step #4 in the priority list to step #0 (i.e. before everything else) in order to follow (5V1c3).

So, while I need to get further answers, hopefully this gives you something to work with in the interim.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, these were actually excellent questions. Please don't come back and add spam links to your message. That would be disappointing.

emilykiny62
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Andromedan issues Reply with quote

Mod: I modified this message, instead of just deleting it, to point out that if you see a reply with the below words stated, then the reply has hidden links imbedded. Please don't click on any of them, and I am cleaning them out as quickly as I see them. Usually by just deleting the post.

As an aside, we are keeping this thread because it asked a real question that needs a real answer, even though it was purely made to host spam link.

issue got solvedd
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emily: We have recently had a surge of people coming on this forum, asking intelligent questions that means they actually have and played the game, then went back days later to add advertising links to their post in the hope that the moderators don't notice. (They did.They're good.) It made everyone jumpy and a bit quick to assume anyone asking an intelligent question must be a superspy spammer, which can sound a little insulting but is actually a bit funny.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, there is no "emily". This account was one of the super-spy spammers. Unfortunately.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: