Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lockdown and back into fedcom with my son

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dapooley
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject: lockdown and back into fedcom with my son Reply with quote

federation commander has appeared on the dinner table each week over the last two months; the hydrans taking over from the selorians as my son's favourite empire while I try a mix of anything to cope with those hellbores!

I cant seem to defeat them (ignoring the unwritten rule of always losing to your children). the best I can ever get is a mutual destruction - I get behind, aha got you now and - HET and blam. and then phaser-g buzzsaws.

now I made it easier to destroy ships by taking a frame hit instantly when both damage options have all their boxes filled. we also don't use directed targeting (he's 10 now since a late 8 start) so weapons stay longer.

I know one day he'll move onto a different empire but until then I will keep trying to find a way through or around his hellbores.
koogie
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are 2-turn arming weapons. Snip at a range where they are not as effective and close with him when they are re-arming. If he starts splitting them up and firing them half on each turn then now he has divided his firepower.

There is also a tactics topic where you can get more advice and tips if you are looking for advice. Can't wait until my boys are old enough to paly.
Maldus
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw your post dapooley and had a smile. I recently grabbed my FC stuff and started reading through it all again. A certain 14 year old in my house noticed what I was up to and has decided he will be blowing up ships in short order. At least lockdown had one good impact. Cheers to you and your son!

Heh...just saw that this is my first post to the forums in about 14 years!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: