Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why every FC player should check out Starmada Unity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnuzzi
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Why every FC player should check out Starmada Unity Reply with quote

I just purchased Klingon Armada and Romulan Armada Unity from w23, and I am very impressed. While I never owned either the Admiralty or Nova editions of Starmada SFU, I know a bit about them, and I have to say all FC (and SFB) players really need to take a look at Unity. The new system is the most SFU-like yet. First of all, movement is performed in the way we are used to: there is no Newtonian momentum or coasting. No matter what your speed was on turn 1, if you dont put any energy into movement on turn 2, you stop. All ships have an Engine Power Ratio (EPR), and for each point of your Engine Rating that you dont use for movement, you get that many Power Points (PP). So for a Fed CA, with an undamaged Engine Rating of 5 and an EPR of 4, if you use only 3 units of Engine Rating for movement, you would then have 8 PP to use however you wish. You could overload weapons, launch a suicide shuttle, reinforce shields, use a tractor beam, etc. Batteries are emulated by allowing you to carry over a number of PP (up to your EPR) to the next turn.

All the ships have the same amount of weapons that they do in squadron scale FC/SFB, and there is a science rating and a way to gather science info for scenarios that utilize labs.

Starmada Unity is so in-line with FC that it can essentially be considered a third scale for large fleet engagements. Having said that, there is so much detail represented for each ship that the system can be used for duels if you want a fast game.

If you play FC, check out Starmada SFU Unity. I think you will like what you find!
cnuzzi
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW - when are the existing expansions like Distant Armada, etc. going to be released in Unity versions? Also, are there special scenarios for Starmada, or can existing FC scenarios be used?
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am waiting for Daniel to deliver them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: