Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thermonuclear vs Antimatter bomb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragi
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Thermonuclear vs Antimatter bomb Reply with quote

I know this is just a cosmetic detail and is not really important, but still - in (4F1b) it is said that suicide shuttles are armed with thermonuclear bombs, while in (5H6) it is stated it is an antimatter bomb. Shouldn't it be consistent throughout the rulebook? These two don't sound like the same thing. At least I imagine "thermonuclear bomb" as just "nuke", similar to what we have today, but "antimatter bomb" as something much more sci-fi. Or am I missing something? My only experience with SFU is Star Fleet Command so far and I'm very excited to get into Federation Commander now Smile

PS: I have Revision 6 Rulebook.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of us are probably so used to seeing these types of things in the rules that we just pass over them. Two points worth making. One is that it doesn't really make any difference what it is in game terms. The result is the same. The second point is one of consistency. If the device is thermonuclear, it shouldn't cost the ship any power at all. Furthermore, there should be a finite number of those carried by ships. Perhaps they could be thought of just as drones are (with thermonuclear warheads). Since Federation Commander allows unlimited drone reloads, there would be as many of these warheads around as you want. But it doesn't really make any sense that power from the ship could adjust the strength of the warhead unless they were matter-antimatter devices. I agree that the reference in the rules should be changed.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it should be antimatter in both places. We'll get that noted somewhere.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Magnum357
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how I look at it. EPS power systems with Advanced Nuclear Generators. Antimatter....? Perhaps the "next generation". Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: