Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Omega Sector Artwork
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Other Starship Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scharwenka
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ymatrian Horde are a bear like race that unfortunately gets almost completely wiped out by the Drex Unity. The ships are a BC in the middle, flanked by 2 CA's; 2 DD's up front with a DDL in the back and 2 FF's above. Lighting didn't turn out as well on this.
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ymatrians were somewhat of a superstitious lot; when the Drex bombed their planets back to the Stone Age, the survivors took this as a sign of divine punishment and abandoned their old warlike ways.

Unfortunately, this high degree of superstition also meant that when the Paravians discovered the Ymatrian home world in the Seventh Cycle of Omega history, the locals fell under the impression that the bird-like sky-dwellers were angels...

While the Ymatrian fleet was wiped out by the Drex, their antiproton-based weapons were salvaged by the Worb for use in their own ships, and would later be uncovered by the Paravians once they cemented their hold on the former Ymatrian space.
Scharwenka
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated the Ymatrian image. Next up will be some Hivers! Unless there are any other requests.....my Alunda are still in the works.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew L: Any time you want to render up a bunch of ship pictures, with white backgrounds and preferbly trimmed to about 1/2 inch or less around the acutal ship I'll gladly put them into the clip file and use them to fill random holes in future products.
Scharwenka
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do SVC!

Here is the latest....the Hivers of the Omega Sector and fighters galore. It's important to note for those not familiar with this empire, they are small insects; so in terms of ship size the CA is treated as a DD and etc.

And a close up of a Barb-1 Fighter:

Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I might say is that the Barbs look more like "fighters" (in the sense of having a cockpit a single pilot can see out of) rather than "frigates" (with a crew of tiny Hivers aboard). Unless the "captain" or "navigator" is the only one who gets to look out, while the rest of the "crew" are busy carrying out other tasks.

On that note, have you thought of how to distinguish the Barb-1 from the later Barb-2, or the larger Barb-H?
Scharwenka
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nerroth wrote:
The only thing I might say is that the Barbs look more like "fighters" (in the sense of having a cockpit a single pilot can see out of) rather than "frigates" (with a crew of tiny Hivers aboard). Unless the "captain" or "navigator" is the only one who gets to look out, while the rest of the "crew" are busy carrying out other tasks.

On that note, have you thought of how to distinguish the Barb-1 from the later Barb-2, or the larger Barb-H?

Hmm, I didn't actually think about the fighters having multiple crew...I must have missed that in the descriptions! As for the Barb-H; I haven't messed around with creating variants. I did for the Maseron fighters, just not the others.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me some clip art files of various ships (and that LDR from Minor Empires) at your convenience.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scharwenka wrote:
Nerroth wrote:

Hmm, I didn't actually think about the fighters having multiple crew...I must have missed that in the descriptions! As for the Barb-H; I haven't messed around with creating variants. I did for the Maseron fighters, just not the others.

I went back and took another look at the Hiver Barb rules and OR-section notes in the 2011 OMRB. There is no explicit statement which says how many individual Hivers are on board a given size-1 or size-2 Barb - but based on the various ways in which they treat them as miniature ships, it would seem logical to envision them as having more than one Hiver aboard.

But, I may have to defer to ADB on that one.
Scharwenka
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for checking; I've been at work all day so would be good to know. I have to take liberties with designs sometimes...so maybe it's just a really big window!
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, although th eyeballs make me think of disneys cars meets the SFU
Scharwenka
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a Bolosco Merchant Guild Fleet hanging about.

Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like the Bolosco; it's a shame what happened to their home colonies at the hands (or Shards) of the Souldra.

But then, I like the idea of there being one (or more) other exile groups out there in the broader SFU, in addition to those which were known to settle in the Omega Octant. The "Omega-Bolosco" adopted various local phaser types; who knows what kind of phaser-equivalents might have been acquired by Bolosco arrivals elsewhere?
Scharwenka
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps some could have made it to the Alpha Sector. . .
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a Singer CA test. I have all the hulls done, but am working on textures and colors. Since they are the "hummingbirds" of the Omega Sector, why not give them some iridescence and some feather texture! Just not sure if all ships should be the same color, or mix them up; thoughts?

Of course when they're all done, there will have to be a battle with the Koligahr!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Other Starship Art All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: