Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching New Players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klingon of Gor
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Teaching New Players Reply with quote

Recently, I spent a pleasant afternoon introducing some new players to Fedcom. In this case there were two players who were new to the game. I keep running into pairs of new players, and once again I fell back on the Doomsday Machine, which is an introductory scenario that seems to work awfully well for teaching pairs of new players. I can take the Planet Killer, and it's winnable for the newbies, although if they approach rashly, they may find their shop looking a bit like the USS Constellation. A good time was had by all, and they left vowing to get copies for themselves.

What are some people's favorite introductory scenarios for teaching new players the game?
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try doing a Search here for keywords such as Training and/or Scenarios. There have been a few discussion threads devoted to that topic.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Sean Xor
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had luck with the scenario from Klingon Border that involves rescuing colonists from a planet. I always take the rescuing ship, and give the new player the other ship.

Unless the new player is dead set on playing the Federation I give them the Klingons so they do not have to worry about pre-loading or dealing with defending against drones.

The advantage to this scenario is that their goal is simple (destroy me), I have a different goal that shows some of the rules (such as transporters and shuttles). This scenario is a bit more exciting than a straight duel, and it plays quicker as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: