Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SFB Omega 5 Cover
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Preview Upcoming Cover Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are various races of the Omega Sector. I think we have an expert in here somewhere who can tell you which ones.

Omega-FC? Any time Gary Nerroth wants to write the rules.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bubble ships are from the Koligahr Solidarity - a race of sentient aquatic jellyfish who like antimatter-based weapons.

The red ships are from the Maesron Alliance - originally formed as a union of three mammalian species (the humanoid Tazol, the batlike Wallimi and the wolf-like Vulpa) and which, in one form or another, played a central role in the turbulent history of Omega. They use tachyon-based weaponry - such as the handy tachyon beam, and the massive tachyon missile!

I'm hoping to have a set of Magellanic rules good to go before I start on Omega - in the absence of Ship Cards, the Magellanics only need one SFB module's worth of SSDs to use (in Squadron Scale, at any rate), they are tied more directly to the Alpha Octant factions (via Operation Unity) and they make for a good historical set of opponents for Andros, which would be handy for any future playtesting of the Andromedans for FC.

And unlike Omega, the Magellanics have enough unit types to flesh out a full campaign (since the SFB module in question, Module C5, was done the way Omega should have been - in that it gave a comprehensive look at a smaller number of factions, instead of spreading things too thinly).

Plus, I want to see if I can get the Magellanics right before moving on to Omega!

I will say that if I do get around to FC-Omega (please feel welcome to beat me to it, anyone!) I'll try to follow the example of the Magellanics, and stick with a smaller number of factions to start off with.

And if you recognise the flag in my avatar, you can guess who will be the first faction I would cover!

Gary
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to DrFaustus; absolutely *not* a threadjack. You asked a really good question that I was thinking myself - I'm glad Nerroth was able to answer it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Preview Upcoming Cover Art All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: