Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kitchen Table Dogfight Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sebastian380
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Kitchen Table Dogfight Rules Reply with quote

Has anybody come up with any dogfight fighter rules for FC? I realize I'm talking strictly 'Kitchen Table' stuff but I'd be interested in any ideas out there. I've tried using the SFB dogfight rules but with only limited success.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about simply using the SFB J4.5 close combat maneuvering rules instead of the more complicated dogfight rules? I've added one modification to the fighter vs. ship same hex close combat part.

1. Any fighter in the same hex as an enemy fighter can fire and/or launch seeking weapons against that target regardless of relative facing (because of close combat maneuvering).

2. A fighter in the same hex as a ship at the end of an Impulse MAY be able to engage in close combat maneuvering IF:
a) the ship did not move more than two hexes during that Impulse, and
b) the fighter is able to use its "free" HET during that Turn.

If these two conditions can be met, the fighter's facing can be turned to face any side of the hex and the fighter is assumed to have a relative facing to the ship as if it was on the opposite side of the ship.

For example, a fighter and ship that had moved only two hexes end an Impulse in the same hex. The ship is facing in direction A. The fighter would normally be facing the #1 shield of the ship, but elects to engage in close combat maneuvering because the ship's #3 shield is severely damaged. The fighter declares a HET and its facing is changed to F. It is now in direction C from the ship and the ship is directly in front of the fighter. The fighter has effectively used its maneuverability to fly around to the other side of the ship and do a snap turn to head back directly toward the ship. The other phases of the Impulse then occur.

Like you said, strictly a house rule.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Sebastian380
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: interesting Reply with quote

thanks. I like your modifications on (J4.52) the CCM rule for fighter vs ship. It makes sense and it's simple. I'll use it.

I've tried J4.51 with shuttle on shuttle but I may not be using it right. If I'm reading it correctly then ANY weapon on a shuttle regardless of arc can fire at the opposite shuttle. There's not much subtlety to it but I suppose it can work. I'll take another look.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you're playing on the kitchen table, try not to get porridge on the game board. It will spoil it.
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that could be a new monster!

It starts in 1 hex and spreads outward. It slows down ship movement or may carry a ship off in a semi-random direction away from the spill. The heat does damage like an ESG.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe cool Smile
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly the porridge monster would also need to act like web, slowing progress across the board.
markgeorgetwo
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: post subject Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing i like it porride monster answers on a postcard what to call it Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: