Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Center hull damage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Center hull damage Reply with quote

From (5J1):

Quote:
If a ship has Forward, Center,
and Rear Hull hits, then any Forward hits can be
scored on Forward or Center (and must be scored on
one of them) and any Rear hits can be scored on
Center or Rear (and must be scored on one of them).

I've always played under the assumption that a ship with F Hull, R Hull, and C Hull (or Hull) could take, for example, any F Hull hits on F Hull boxes and C Hull boxes in any way they wanted. Suppose there are 4 F Hull hits in a volley. The player could take 2 on F Hull and 2 on C Hull if (s)he wanted.

It was brought to my attention that (5J1) could be interpreted to mean that once a decision was made to take all the F Hull hits in a volley on F Hull boxes, all 4 have to be taken as F Hull. If there were not 4 undamaged F Hull boxes, then after the remaining ones were marked as damaged, any remaining hits would have to be allocated to the alternate row.

I argued that if (5J1) was meant to be interpreted that way, it would have said, "(and must be scored on only one of them)."

I'm 99.9% sure I'm right on this, but an official call would be nice.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't HAVE to. You can take some on F and some on C and change your mind as you will.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: