Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Brief History of the Andromedan War

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sebastian380
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: A Brief History of the Andromedan War Reply with quote

I found the time to sit down and read Gary Carney's piece in CL #49 and I had to post to say that it's fantastic. I was entertained and I am impressed with the amount of work that has obviously gone into the work. Gary, thank you very much and I look forward to more--please.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you kindly.

One major motivation behind the creation of this file was not only to highlight the importance of the Andromedan War as an era-defining campaign in its own right, but to show how far-reaching the Invaders' plans are (so far) known to be. While various prior conflicts in Alpha, Omega, and the LMC have been more "domestic" in scope, the Andros provided the key catalyst linking these disparate regions of inhabited space together - both in terms of how the Lesser Magellanic Cloud provided a launch pad for their operations into the Alpha and Omega Octants, and how the success of Operation Unity, coupled with the subsequent voyage of the NCC-1821 USS Sakharov, provided the true "First Contacts" between each region in turn.

To keep things in an FC context, I hope that documents like this one might help generate more interest in the Omega and LMC projects for this game system, not least for Andromedan players looking to expand their conquests into new regions of space. (Indeed, should first-generation X-ships be added to Federation Commander at some point, I hope that we could then see a Ship Card done up for the Federation GSX - so that FC players can undertake the voyage of the Sakharov for themselves.)

And in the long run, I hope we'll get a chance to find out more about what else the Andromedans may have been up to, both in terms of which other parts of the Milky Way (or which of its other satellite galaxies) may have been troubled by the Invaders, and whether or not the Andros have been running separate campaigns against other galaxies, such as Triangulum.

(Which, in the latter case, might give FC Andro players good reason to fight any future playtest Ship Cards from M33, also.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: