Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planet Killer Scenario

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panda21
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:36 am    Post subject: Planet Killer Scenario Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I have a lot of questions. I've seen SFB for many years, but it was always too complicated. I recently discovered Federation Commander and have played it a small handful of times but only as a "duel". I have to say that I really like the more streamlined rules. They hit a good balance for me.

I'd like to try out a scenario and the Planet Killer looks interesting, but:

1. It calls for the original ships to be 50 hexes from the Killer. I can't seem to do that with 6 map panels no matter what. Do I just shrink that number to 40, or will that unbalance the scenario in some way?

2. The Scenario says to use 350 point of ships. Is that in Fleet Scale or Squadron scale?

Thanks for any help.
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squadron Scale as the Planet Killer is only provided in Klingon Border in Squadron Scale.

(There is a Fleet Scale version of the Planet Killer that was published in Communique that can be downloaded from the ADB Federation Commander website. If you use it, you will need to cut the starting points in half.)

I believe the starting distance assumes the small hex side of the panels is used. In a 3 x 2 configuration, there are 52 hexes from corner to corner when using the small hex side of the panels. So, the planet will need to be 100 hexes away from the Planet Killer in a diagonal direction. You will need more than 6 panels to play the scenario using the large hex side of the panels or, alternatively, go with a closer starting distance.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
Panda21
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. It hadn't even occurred to me to go diagonally as that seemed a bit convoluted to move the maps around. I ended up printing out extra maps and using small hexes in 4x2.

I actually only bought Academy, not Klingon Border, so I wasn't sure what PK came with it. The PK isn't included in Academy even though the scenario is in the rule book. I got the PK from the Commander's Circle, and it kinda confused me. One side is marked "Fleet" and the other is marked "Fleet & Squadron", which I hadn't seen before.

Thanks for the replies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: