Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Losing multi-turn warheads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Losing multi-turn warheads Reply with quote

This might look like a daft question, but where in the rules does it say that if an armed multi-turn weapon, say a photon torpedo, is disabled, it loses its arming energy?

Or indeed if any weapon holding energy is disabled, it loses its energy?

There are hints, in that drone racks which are disabled lose their drones and have to be reloaded once repaired, also that plasma is lost if the launcher is disabled and it is not launched by the end of the turn (4J3d). Also ESGs are specifically stated as losing their power if disabled (5N2a).

But as far as I can see, nowhere does it say that energy is lost if, for example, a photon or PPD is disabled. Please can someone correct me!
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked through the relevant rules section, and I can't even see where it specifically states what a system being disabled really means. It should be obvious based on the term "disabled", but it isn't explicitly and directly stated.

But, yes, any system (without an explicit exception like plasma) loses all power associated with it when it is disabled at the moment it is disabled. Even plasma will lose its power by the end of the turn (specifically in the Power Phase).

The result of this is that, by the point of the Repair Phase, any repaired system will have *no* energy in it at all, including plasma.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. As long as the implicit content is generally understood, I'm happy with that.

I remember some years ago we had to clarify the repair/'launch disabled plasma' sequence which resulted in the clarification at the end of Rule (4J6d).

The discussion is from 2008 and in fact the photon is mentioned in there too in terms of power loss from disabled multi-turn arming weapons. But for history's sake here's the page in the thread where the plasma ruling came in:

http://tinyurl.com/lp2f58u

Perhaps this would be a good rule clarification for the next Communique?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: