Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Omega Conversion Project (version 3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear in mind that the "time on target" value for an SSR at Range 25 is 4, which would fit more or less neatly with the movement sub-pulse setup in FC.

I'd treat the SSR as a pseudo-seeker by placing a drone/missile counter in the firing hex at the moment of launch, and have it impact in whichever subsequent movement sub-pulse lines up with the target's distance from the original firing hex. (That would allow players to potentially weaken, or even avoid, the incoming hit, as they can in SFB.)
Garydee
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a little playtesting with the FRA last night. One thing I'm noticing is that the Armored Cruiser is over pointed at 125. It seems to match up evenly with the 115 point cruisers from the other races. I think the problem stems from in SFB where it's a faster ship than the other cruisers(speed 29 vs. 27) and it's worth the extra points but doesn't have that speed advantage in FC. Just my two cents.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted my reply in the version 3 feedback/discussion thread.

On a broader note, I imagine one thing to keep an eye on further down the line is how the Koligahr might take to FC, in terms of not being burdened by the need to allocate warp power to arm their heavy weapons they way they need to do in SFB.

But then, the same is the case for each empire with weapons that require warp power over in SFB, to include the Federation, FRA, and Baduvai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: