Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

introduction and some questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ApocalypseMeow
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: introduction and some questions Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I'd like to give a short introduction of myself before throwing in myself into the board's discussions. But first of all, let me thank Jean Sexton and Stephen V. Cole for helping me with the registration here! Smile

And now to something completely different. Razz My Name is Marcus and I'm a fan of the genre from Germany. I grew up with ST from my early childhood and loved watching all the ST series and early movies with my Dad. (He suddenly passed away five years ago at age 58. I feel with Jonathan Thompson. My sincerest condolences.) However, the more the canon ST universe progressed, the less it appealed to me. This was partly due to the developement of my favorite faction (Romulan Star Empire) and the way the whole canon universe developed. Until several weeks ago, I would not have thought to ever look again at something bearing the name of ST. Until several weeks ago, I didn't know that Starfleet Universe existed. The more I read about it, the more I fell in love with it. Finally, I gave it a try by buying a copy of the Romulan Empire sourcebook pdf. And I was hooked so bad! The containt is different from canon Romulans and it is much, much better. I instantly got me the PD core rulebook and, boy, I was even more hooked! Very Happy For more then two decades I was a diehard Romulan fanboy. But STU changed this for the very first time. My new great love are the Lyrans. Their looks are as graceful and menacing as are their awesome ships! I am sure my Dad would have loved SFU as much as me! Smile And it gets even better: I never was interested in any kind of miniature game, but I bought three books of the Starmada Nova Edition (Romulan Aramada, Distant Armada and Battleships Armada). What can I say, this is simply awesome. I'm looking forward to play scenarios with these rules. So, to what pdfs I already have, I plan to buy all the Starmada booklets and all PD sourcebooks.

Therefore, I'm really hoping to get some information about "Feline Empires" and all the other planned sourcebooks.

And I'd like to know if it is possible to purchase those great FC counters for Starmada play here in Germany.

If your're still reading this, then thank you for your interest and your patience! Razz
Sebastian380
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: hello! Reply with quote

Great note (and great handle--I now have a new nick-name for my cat).I'm an older player but I only got back into the Star Fleet Universe about 3 years ago and I've really enjoyed it. It's great to hear your enthusiasm. As it happens, over the past couple of days I've been looking into the Prime Directive material and I haven't decided yet if I'll jump in. I'm interested in what you think of the system.
Regards.
ApocalypseMeow
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: hello! Reply with quote

Sebastian380 wrote:
Great note (and great handle--I now have a new nick-name for my cat).

Thanks! It's a quote from The Simpsons. Smile

A friend of mine calls his cat "face", because wenever he falls asleep and wakes up, his cat lies all over his face. Very Happy

Sebastian380 wrote:
I'm an older player but I only got back into the Star Fleet Universe about 3 years ago and I've really enjoyed it. It's great to hear your enthusiasm. As it happens, over the past couple of days I've been looking into the Prime Directive material and I haven't decided yet if I'll jump in. I'm interested in what you think of the system.
Regards.

To be honest, I've never tried the d20 rules and I'm not familiar with the D&D rules either. (I was always a sci-fi fan, not a fantasy fan.) The first thing I leapt at was the fluff, not the crunch. But the more I read about the rules, the more I think it's a sound system. Character creation seems to be simple and actions as well. This is something I really value due to not wanting to study several hundreds of pages with rules. I'll give some "after action" reports, if I'm able to gather enough fans interested to give it a try. (Though, this could take a while.)

Additionally, I'll definitely buy any Traveller conversion of the setting, because I already own several of Mongoose Traveller rulebooks as pdfs and think this combination would be a very fine one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: