Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Fleet Battles Module C6: Lost Empire
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thank you for opening up alternative histories as well. Excellent move in my opinion. This opens the door to more fiction opportunities, tactics, campaigns etc.

So well done to everyone involved in the project. Thumbs up!
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A preview file for SFB Module C6 has gone up on DriveThruRPG, including sample SSDs (a war cruiser apiece) for both the Paravians and Carnivons.

For those who may have seen the earlier "raiding" Paravians done for Captain's Log #28, these Paravians have been altered significantly, as these ships are intended for line combat rather than work as raiding ships.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Preview!!

Wolves among Lions!
Screaming Space Birds!

Star Fleet Battles Module C6 covers the extinct Paravian and Carnivon empires, presented as their ships and weapons would have been by the time of the General War (except for that annoying extinction thing). Each empire is presented with multiple alternate histories, although players can ignore both and write their own if they wish.

The Carnivons might have existed as a major empire between the Lyrans and Kzintis, or they might have escaped to the WYN Cluster.

The Paravians might have survived Gorn attempts to destroy their empire and could have ended up allied to the Romulans (while the ISC became allies of the Gorns). Alternately, they could exist as edge-of-the-map raiders.

Each empire in this free preview has one of the multiple alternate histories, a map of what the empire would have been, a page of ship descriptions, an SSD (graphic representation of the ship), and a glimpse of a scenario. Give the preview of the module a look and see what you think!

This is available on e23: http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=ADB5636-5

on DriveThru RPG: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/119788/Star-Fleet-Battles-Module-C6-Lost-Empires---Preview

and on Wargame Vault: http://www.wargamevault.com/product/119788/Star-Fleet-Battles-Module-C6-Lost-Empires---Preview
Davdob
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this may be an odd reply (and first post), but I would just like to point out one thing I really like about C6. As a long time player, who has cobbled together all the products, seeing the R sections for the two new races as perfectly together and organized was a real kick. I am guessing I am not alone among SFB players as appreciating good organization.

Anyway, reminds me I would love to see a good consolidated ship registry ala the Master Rulebook.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was noted in a recent SFU On Call podcast that, in essence, the R-sections for these Paravians and Carnivons count as the de facto entries for both empires in the Master Starship Book. (At the TL 12 level of play, at least; since there would be the Early Years ships from the Y-modules, plus any future would-be X-ships to consider one day.)

There is talk of an MSSB file for one Alpha Octant empire at a time (starting with the Federation, I think?), but I'm not sure when that might be ready to go.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fed book is done except for art that I haven't had time to do.
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After taking an in-depth look at C6 I can say that I've really enjoyed it and it was very well done. I like the weapons systems of each and particularly like the way damage is applied differently to the Paravian QWT than say a PT. Excellent idea and brings new tactics into play. I also like the completeness of the module in that everything from BB's to PF's are there. So excellent job to everyone involved in the module. Since we use a non-canon FTF game the Carnivon and Paravians fit right in as regular empires. With them added we are up to 24 empires in the Alpha Octant which gives our FTF players a lot to choose from. And again, brings to the table a plethora of new tactics.

Thank you for the great Module.
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an update, I've really been enjoying the Paravians lately. I want to play the Carnivon as well, but have been gravitating towards the Paravian. I really like the way the QWT operates. As a note, we've been playing as per the designers idea of the QWT firing out of the 6/1/2 shield facings. It has worked out well.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Write and submit tactical papers for C6!
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to do that. At the moment I'm taking a hard look at the Nicozians (along with Stephen Parrish). I put some thoughts on the BBS in regards to the SA and the skip warp missiles. My group has enjoyed this race and it offers something unique.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: