Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Counters ePack
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done a quick survey of counters, and think the following are available within the game products. I have also attempted to suggest what might be needed:

Federation: turn / slip 1-6 & 11-16; drones 1-29, 32-52; plasma 1-14; multi-drone 3xA, B; shuttle 1-12. I don't really think the Feds need anything else.

Klingon: turn / slip 1-6; drones 1-16 & 23-28; multi-drones A-G; shuttles 1-4, 7-10. Add turn / slip 7-12; shuttles 5-6 and 11-12.

Romulan: turn / slip 1-9; plasma 1-12 & 17-24; multi-plasma 2xA, 2xB, E, F; shuttles 1-11. Add turn / slip 10-12; plasma (haven't thought about types) 17-23; multi-plasma C-D; shuttle 12.

Kzinti: turn / slip 7-9; drones: 1-21; multi-drones A-B; shuttles 1-6. Add Turn / slip 1-6, 10-12; drones 22-30; multi-drones C-G; shuttles 7-12.

Gorn: turn / slip; 7-9; plasma 1-24 & 29-36; multi-plasma A-D ; shuttles 1-9, 11-14, 16. Add turn / slip 1-6, 10-12; multi-plasma E-G; shuttles 10 & 15.

Tholian: turn / slip 1-5, 9; Shuttles 1-9 & duplicate 2-3; web anchor 1-9. Add turn / slip 6-8, 10; shuttle 10.

Orion: Turn / slip 1-4, 7-8; drones 1-12; multi-drone A-B; shuttles 1-4, 7-8; plasma 1-6 (1-2). Add turn / slip 5-6, 9-10; shuttles 5-6, 9-10; plasma 7-12; multi-plasma A-B.

Orion Red: no turn / slip; drones 1-6; shuttles 1-4; plasma 1-2. Add turn / slip 1-6; drones 7-8; multi-drone A-B; shuttles 5-6; plasma 3-4.

Hydran: turn / 3-6; shuttles 1-6; fighters 1-36; multi-fighters A-C. Add turn / slip 1-2, 7-12; shuttles 7-12; not sure if more fighters are needed?

Andromedan: no turn / slip counters. Add 1-12. Don't need shuttles or ammo!

Lyran: turn / slip; 1-4; shuttles 1-7. Add turn / slip 5-12, shuttles 8-12.

WYN: turn / slip 1; drones 1-12; multi-drone A; shuttles 1-7. Add turn / slip 2-10; drones 13-16; multi-drone B-D; shuttles 8-10; plasma 1-8.

ISC: no turn / slip; Plasma S-1-8; plasma F 1-9; shuttles 1-4. Add turn / slip 1-12, plasma-S 9-14; plasma F 10-12; multi-plasma A-F; shuttles 5-12.

LDR: Turn / slip 1-2; shuttles 1-4. Add turn / slip 3-10; shuttles 5-10.

Seltorian: No turn / slip; shuttles 1-4. Add turn / slip 1-10, shuttles 5-12.

Vudar: turn / slip 1-2; shuttles 1-5. Add turn / slip 3-10, shuttles 6-10.

Only my opinion of course, but I hope that helps with preparation of this product.
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing this one is on the back-burner at the moment?
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many things on too many burners, at least I can add it to the bottom ofthe Smapro (Small Projects) list.
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy that - thank you Mr Cole!
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is always too much work and too few hours/people and too many interruptions, emergencies, crises, and explosions. It's physically impossible to get done everything that should be done.

And when you say "Just do the highest priority" it means that only one thing will get done, and because of the broad product range that one thing is not something that some significant number of customers want.

So the theory is to, every day:

get a major chunk of a major project done (say, a chapter of FCTM)

get some "other" work done that is time-critical (say, a star fleet alert)

get one thing done for the 2500s (say, post the latest Slaver revision)

and

spend an hour and get one "SmapRow" (SMAll pROject) done (such as getting my driver's license renewed or fixing the mess I made of the platinum hat prizes). Your countersheet goes there but because it can't be done in one hour it's at the end of the list when (given no other SmapRows on the list that take less time) I can devote an hour a day for a week.

Right now the Smaprow list has 20 or so things on it, but hey, that doesn't include the 20 things I forgot to put on the list (such as your countersheet, which was forgotten until you reminded me).

The list includes both personal items (like my annual checkup) and business items (like four different computer APPs that need contracts) and projects (like the countersheet, or figuring out what Daniel Kast needs to do the next Starmada project and send it to him).
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things I think is great about ADB is the level of customer involvement and the Company's willingness to explain what is going on. I can't imagine getting that from many other companies!
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question is, do we do that as a customer service or because I can't stop talking?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
The question is, do we do that as a customer service or because I can't stop talking?

Eh, either way, it works.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on the progress of the SMAPRO for the counters e-pack? Appreciate it probably isn't the top of the list.
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inspired by the counters discussion on the BBS, I thought I'd see if there was any prospect of movement on this SMAPRO? Having seen the length of SVC's "to-do" list mind you, I'm not expecting anything (which is a good comment because it means loads of other goodies are on the way....)
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was six years ago. I thought we did it back then, but I don't remember what I had for lunch six days ago let alone six years. Can anybody tell me if we did or did not? If not; Can somebody can email me one unified list of what needs to be in such a pack and I'll put that list in my stack.
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was put on the SMAPRO list but that was it. I can email you a list of suggested counters later today once the optician has finished poking me in the eye. Sorry for not chasing it sooner!
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning SVC,

It's been a busy and challenging year, but I thought I'd ask if the Fed Cdr SMAPRO from last year is anywhere in your (extensive) to-do list? Having just received my R4J and R4T counters for SFB (plus going mad and buying the "new" counters for Basic Set and a couple of others), thought I'd check in!

I did do a list of what might be needed, but if you can't find it, I can re-send.

Thanks!
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and resend it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: