Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ADB Vision Statement, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: ADB Vision Statement, 2013 Reply with quote

Through a Glass, Glowingly: A Vision of 2013 at ADB, Inc.

Steve Cole reports: I can say that I have never been this excited about a new year. We're going to do some great things in 2013, taking the company to a new level. It won't happen overnight, and it won't be easy, and I'm going to guess right now that it won't happen on schedule, but we're going to make it happen.

January will see a mega-release day of new products that were delayed from last year by die-cutting issues. These include Captain's Log #46; Federation Commander Reinforcements Attack; Boosters #34, #35, and #36; and the two versions of Starmada Battleships Armada.

February will see the second module for Star Fleet Marines. This one is Last Stand and will include scenarios inspired by history, including the Alamo, Dien Bien Phu, and the Hornet's Nest.

March will see the next Star Fleet Battles entry, Module C6 Lost Empires. This will be an alternative history module with the General War version of the Carnivons and Paravians.

We expect to complete the core rulebook for Traveller: Prime Directive during the first months of this year, but getting artists to do deck plans for 12 entire ships has proven to take longer than expected. After that, it should be relatively easy to release the three empire books. After that, our RPG line will expand further, although we haven't decided yet if we want to do a new empire book (perhaps Orion Pirates or Feline Empires) or a new game system.

April and May will see a major change in the company. Steven Petrick and I will get Captain's Log #47 mostly ready, then rent a truck and go to North Carolina to bring Jean and all of her stuff to Texas. She will be in the office full time by early May, and Captain's Log #47 will be released shortly after that.

There are some other projects that have waited too long that need to happen this year, including Star Fleet Battle Force expansions, Federation Admiral, and the Federation Commander tactics and scenario books.

June will see us return to Origins, now that it is at a reasonable date (12-16 June), at least for this year. Next year it bounces back to May and we may give Gencon a try.

As for Origins releases, I'm not ready to unveil them, but anybody could look at our product lines and figure out the next product (or two or three choices for it) for each line. I can say with confidence that we won't be going to Origins empty handed.

The second half of the year will see us take the company in a direction I never thought we'd be able to even dream about: boxed games with toys and only a few pages of rules. Projects here include Battlestations, Tribbles vs. Klingons, and Merchants of the Federation. This will involve two things we've never done (Kickstarter and overseas production) and I'm not at all clear on how either one of those is going to work. Stick around and we'll all find out together.
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: