Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gunboats?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Marines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gambler1650
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Gunboats? Reply with quote

Definitely a touch confused on damaging gunboats.

From 7.15b, a damage result on a gunboat (presumably from the Combat Table) causes 4 SFB damage points, reduces movement allowance by 2, and removes 1 weapon (via 7.15e).

The Combat Table however refers to everything in terms of SFB damage.

Assuming the Combat Table is correct, there are a couple of questions:

Let's say the dice roll for Marines vs a Gunboat = 11.

11 / 2 = 5.5 (round up or down? - mathematically it's up, but most wargames seem to go with a round down method)

I'll assume rounding down, so the final result is 5 - 4 = 1 SFB Damage.

Since 7.15b seems to imply that it takes 4 SFB damage points to reduce movement allowance by 2, and remove 1 weapon, what happens when the gunboat takes less than 4 SFB damage points?

(Overall this looks like a fun game, but of course I immediately gravitated to the scenario which has units that make it the most 'Star Fleet-y' compared to other tactical games... Smile )
phdillman
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm basically asking the same question on the legacy BBS. My group is creating a scenario with an Orion Viking making a ground assault on a mining base and I can see this question coming up, especially since (L8.42) states that Infantry can not damage a ship.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Marines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: