Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Banshees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Banshees Reply with quote

Hey guys! I'm not really sure where to put this (So moderators you may move it if need be). I recently got a copy of Captian's Log #39, and saw scenario (SL280.0) VANISHED INTO THE VOID. I read over it and it looks extremely fun! However, I'm not an SFBer, only an FCer, so I can't play it. However, it seems all the ships needed for the scenario are already in FC, except for the Banshees (This doesn't count the Nest Ship, which could be replaced by a Battlewagon).

Now note that I am slightly behind on FC products, owning everything up to Orion attack and it's boosters, but nthing more. I don't know if this monster has already been printed in HA or WaP, so if it has the solution is simple enough.

If not, then when are banshees going to be introduced? Or if that has not yet been deided, what are their SFB rules? I'd like to know so I could try to convert them to FC, a least for my own purposes. Then I could convert the scenario, either just for me or to send to SVC for an FC product or Communique.

Thanks to anyone who can help! Very Happy
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about that scenario on Monday - or rather, the variant which features the Iridani!

They would send forces to clear Banshee infestations, which occasionally threatened to disrupt the Quest routes between their home extra-galactic Cluster and the Omega Octant of the Milky Way Galaxy.

(No surprises that I'd think of that particular variant, but how and ever...)

Iridani or no, I second pinecone's sentiment, and would look forward to seeing what Banshees might look like in FC one day, should they be up for consideration at some point.
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Banshees were originally setup as monsters that a Fast Patrol ship (PF) flotilla could fight.

The Banshees may show up in FC if the PFs ever do. Of course, they'll probably be added to the Borders of Madness advanced and optinal rulebooks
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but what exactly are their SFB rules?
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVC would get very pissed at me if I quoted Chapter K verbatum, so I'll just describe them in brief. Smile

In a nutshell, they are short range Size class 5 ships (Frigates and destroyers are 4, Cruisers are 3, and Dreadnaughts are 2, btw), that usually operate in packs of 6 and are supported by a PF tender (which is usually a converted Light Cruiser) that provides repair, reloads, etc...

They also operate on virtually all bases in the Alpha Octant but the Federation's, (who never deployed PFs). Their Direct fire weapons have about half the range of the bigger ships. Their movement cost in SFB is 1/5 which means thata PF can travel 5 hexes for 1 point of warp.

Flotillas most often operate with one Leader model (slightly more powerful unit), on Scout model (with slightly shorter ranged scout channels) and four standard PFs.

Like the rest of the ships out there, PFs had several variants including All drone, All phasers, Cargo, Fighter Conveyors (Fi-Cons think mini carriers).

They can die easily, but a smart player can mangle, if not destory a few ships before then Smile
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he meant Banshee rules... not PF rules. Wink
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Well let's eee if I can describe without quoting rules.

They an automatic rule movement monsters that move towards any unit with at least 2 armed Direct fire weapons first, the a predesignated target, often a base, but usually the largest unit out there. They're effectively seeking weapons that will start smashing aginst ships until they breach and take out the ship. They will always go after a PF reguardless weither the PF's weapons are armed or not.

For the real rules, check out SM13 in module K.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One aspect of banshees that would have to modified slightly would be their tendency to go toward larger ships with loaded DF weapons. In FC only a few weapons are actually pre-loaded. For example, phasers and disruptors are the "pay as you go" style in FC. Phasers and disruptors in SFB have to have energy allocated to them during EA.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, that's very helpful. If it wouldn't violate any rules, could you tell me the average damage they do when they hit? Or how the damage is alllocated?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: