Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FC: War And Peace - Andromedan vs Federation play test repor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HappyDaze
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
(3G4c) Transfer To Banks: An Andromedan ship may transfer power from one bank to the other (if it is active), but no more than one point of power for every undisabled panel (i.e., for ten boxes of bank capacity). Power could also be sent to the power absorbers of an energy module in the hangar (5V2) but not to a satellite ship (5V1c3).

Is this based off of the number of panels in the bank you transfer power out of or the number of panels in the bank you transfer power into?
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
(3G3a) POWER COST: Unlike shields, there is a power cost to operate power absorbers of one-half of an energy point per panel box in each bank, e.g., seven points for an Intruder. See (3G5).

Follow up to my question on the page before, If it is an all or nothing affair (as I expect) then is the cost fixed on the number of starting panels irrespective of their current state, or is the above meant to say one-half per non-disabled panel.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HappyDaze wrote:
Steve Cole wrote:
(3G4c) Transfer To Banks: An Andromedan ship may transfer power from one bank to the other (if it is active), but no more than one point of power for every undisabled panel (i.e., for ten boxes of bank capacity). Power could also be sent to the power absorbers of an energy module in the hangar (5V2) but not to a satellite ship (5V1c3).

Is this based off of the number of panels in the bank you transfer power out of or the number of panels in the bank you transfer power into?

It's based off the number of panel in the bank being transferred from.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

storeylf wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
(3G3a) POWER COST: Unlike shields, there is a power cost to operate power absorbers of one-half of an energy point per panel box in each bank, e.g., seven points for an Intruder. See (3G5).

Follow up to my question on the page before, If it is an all or nothing affair (as I expect) then is the cost fixed on the number of starting panels irrespective of their current state, or is the above meant to say one-half per non-disabled panel.

When we were testing it... we played that it was an all or nothing affair and we basedthe cost (0.5 points per panel) on the number of undisabled panels are the start ofthe Turn.
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVC answered a couple of questions from an earlier post of mine, but didn't say anything about the following 2 points, I'm hoping he is pondering them (or has them covered already) as they could have quite an effect on tactics for deactivating banks.

Quote:
Follow up question - what comes first, inactive banks coming back up or deactivating banks (will my inactive bank be available before I deactivate the other one)?

Which also raises the question of what happens if the Andro deactivates during impulse 8, he has to keep his bank down for 2 impulses, how does that interact with the turn break? Does he still have to pay for the still deactivatd bank during EA or does the bank automatically come back up over a turn break? Is the 2 impulse minimum like the EM minimum, in that the turn break allows you to get round the minumum time requirement
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the fish, guys, but the W&P rulebook goes to press in about 3 hours. If anybody has anything else to say, posting it here won't work as I won't be back on the forum until tomorrow. Email me (design@starfleetgames.com) and I'll deal with it.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(3G4c) Transfer To Banks: An Andromedan ship may transfer power from one bank to the other (if it is active), but no more than one point of power for every undisabled panel (i.e., for ten boxes of bank capacity) in the bank sending the power. Power could also be sent to the power absorbers of an energy module in the hangar (5V2) but not to a satellite ship (5V1c3).

(3G3a) Power Cost: Unlike shields, there is a power cost to operate power absorbers of one-half of an energy point per undisabled panel box in each bank, e.g., seven points for an Intruder. See (3G5). The entire bank must be powered (or not) unless the ship does not have enough power to do that, in which case the ship must power as many panels as it can. This power is applied during Energy Allocation (during Shield Regeneration) or in the Other Functions Phase of an impulse (1E2e1).

(3G5a) Function: The Andromedan player might deactivate one bank of his power absorbers, perhaps to allow non-Andromedan transporters to work, or perhaps to use a “tactical power dump” (3G5c). This is done during the Other Functions Phase (1E2e1). The Andromedan player can raise one panel and drop the other in either order at his option.

If you deactivate in impulse 8, then you cannot reactivate durring EA so you cannot pay during EA but you can pay during 1E2e1 of a later impulse.

I will have Joel fix the cart pictures. Those will be replaced with the real cover art shortly (probably today) anyway.

"I've noticed that under the FC DAC an Andro ship can be virtually gutted without losing all, or even many, PA panels. Then on the next turn's EA, it blows up." Andro go boom.

"I wonder how the DOM might look if you rotated it to one side (like on the Conquistador card) then moved both fore and aft panel blocks to either the left or right of the ship." It would look pretty stupid since the panels are on the front and back of the ship, not the sides.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: