Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silkscreened Federation Decals anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Silkscreened Decals would I buy if available?
Federation Heavy Cruiser Only
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Federation Generic: Names Numbers Banners etc..
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
Federation "Plastic Ships" (DN,CA,DD,SC,Tug,Pod) aka Fed Fleet Box 2
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Mixed sheet: Fed CA, KLG D-7, ROM WB/WE
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
I don't use decals
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

Starfighter Decals
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Silkscreened Federation Decals anyone? Reply with quote

Due to the ever increasing demand for my "other" decal line and the ever spiraling cost of keeping the Alps Printers in supplies to make the Starfleet Universe Decals I am close to making a very unpopular business decision for those Loyal Customers: discontinuing the line Sad

There is an option that I can use, if the demand is going to be there. Silkscreening the decals. The technology has caught up to the level of detail I use in the Fed Ships sheets that they can be silkscreen printed on a commercial level.

What I would like to hear from this forum is your opinion is the kind of decals I should "test the waters" so to speak with. Ones that you will buy, and multiples of.

Please vote and let me know. The sheets would sell at the same retail cost as they do now, and would be available for wholesale purchacing to the Local Hobby Shops and select Hobby Distributors as well.

Once I have this poll is concluded, and other input is gathered, I'll make known in October what the future of the Starfleet Universe decal line from Starfighter Decals is.

Be aware, right now availability is very spotty on Alps carts, espically the White and the price is almost double what it was the last time this was somewhat discussed in the forum. Your order might be delayed or even cnx until this is resolved.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the mixed sheet. I do have some of your decals, and am very happy with them. I'd buy more except I can't afford minis to put them on right now!!

I'd be sad to see the SFU decals go, but business is business. No matter what decision you must make, thanks for supporting us SFU guys as much as you have.
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the Generic Markings but I would be interested in a sheet of hull numbers i could use with the generic decals to produce specific ships.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
SWO_Daddy
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the decal sheets, and have spent a small fortune on Starfighter Decals over the past year.

If I could have one thing, and one thing only, it would be decal sheets with black hull numbers/letters, and the red engine stripping. I could live with little or none of the other decals. I love the very detailed decal sheets you've made available in the past, but if cost, particulary for colors like white and metallic are forcing you to this decision, I'd rather see an option to just order names/numbers and stripping, and leave it at that. Would that make keeping your SFB line more affordable?
Starfury
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see some of the harder bits to paint as decals.

Gorn triangle symbol (in slightly larger size than was previously done)
Klingon symbol

I don't do a lot of Federation ships...and when I do they end up with Warhammer decals on the saucers.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted "Generic Federation..."; but what I'd really like would be a sheet with Federation Pennants, multiple copies Of "NCC-" and a series of generic black numbers to use as hull numbers, and names...

and if there is any room left over (or a desire to do a second sheet), then the other Empires logos (i.e. Klingon trefoil, Gorn triangle, Lyran counties, etc...) would be my vote.
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:
I voted "Generic Federation..."; but what I'd really like would be a sheet with Federation Pennants, multiple copies Of "NCC-" and a series of generic black numbers to use as hull numbers, and names...

and if there is any room left over (or a desire to do a second sheet), then the other Empires logos (i.e. Klingon trefoil, Gorn triangle, Lyran counties, etc...) would be my vote.

I'm going to second this. These are the hardest to paint and the ones that when used really take a ship from looking naked to looking sharp.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehehe.... Paul said "Naked"... hehehehehe

But seriously, that was the desired response. The other details (windows, exhaust vents, phaser mounts, torpedo launchers, sensors, etc) can all be painted or ignored. The hull name/numbers, engine pennants, and Imperial logos usually make the difference between "Ho Hum" and "Ho Boy!"
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad wrote:

I'll put my ditto on this as well. The pennants and lettering is what I miss on my minis.
Alex Knight
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I should go and ask the silly question...

Is there a difference between silk screened decals and ALPS decals, other than printing?
Starfury
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Knight wrote:
I suppose I should go and ask the silly question...

Is there a difference between silk screened decals and ALPS decals, other than printing?

I noticed on the old style ones that they can be a bit transparent if put onto a dark colored miini. Maybe the silkscreen would make the decal more solid.
SWO_Daddy
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more news on this?
Starfighter Decals
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

OK, I'll combine these results with sales information over the past year and adjust the line accordingly. Do not expect any changes until October. As for the Silkscreened decals, you will have to wait and see!
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, you will continue to sell them through october as they are? I am socking some funds away if that is the case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: