Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NCL/NCA Miniature

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: NCL/NCA Miniature Reply with quote

SVC,
I was curious if the NCA/NCL is going to be recast anytime in the near future?
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK let me explain my question. The current NCL/NCA miniature that you can buy comes with a bunch of pewter build up near the warp nacelles on the body of the ship and you cannot file it out even with a dremel tool (well maybe someone who is btter then I am can). So are there any old blister packs in existence that have older NCL (like the first runs off of the new molds) or am i out of luck and stuck until ADB recasts the miniature?
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took care of that problem with a pointy X-acto knife.

Now, I am not the craftsman that some of my fellow posters are but my work suits my taste.

1. Why dont you post a pick of the work you have done so far and you could get pointers on what to try next. Your work may be pretty good. I know that I am overly critical of my own work.

or

2. Post a request that you will send your mini and ask for someone to do that little bit of work for you and then send it back to you.

That seems to be the quickest way to do it.
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wedge I appreciate the comment and advice but after I saw the difference between the current NCF miniature and NCL I wont be satisfied with just fixing mine to look better (there is too much detail lost) and considering that Decals from Starfighter are now defunct I don't want to apply them to ones where I won't be satisfied with the end result. So I am hoping someone could point me in the direction of some older new style NCL's (that new old thing is really confusing).
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your NCL mini has too much flash on it to reasonably remove, ADB will exchange it. They are good about responding to slip-ups in quality.

Seriously, contact sales@starfleetgames.com and they will get it sorted for you.
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ - unfortunately the ships are no longer manufactured without the flash they all look like this.

The Master
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the Gorns have also suffered by the new designs. For sure the engines do not fall off. But lost some of the elegance. Its the price you pay sturdiness and compactness. Sad The old gorns heavy elements were just too ungainly. The DN must be a foot long. Very Happy The old Fed stuff had delacate engine mounts. as did the romulans. The things that made them beautyful also made to weak to haul arround. Sad
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savedfromwhat -

That does seem bad. Wait and see if SVC responds here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: