Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What New Minis Do You Want?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdemichele
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
There will never be Andros for 2500. The existing 2400 Andros will serve for both scales. We don't sell enough of them for two sets of molds and two sets of sculpting costs. The hard realities of business are what they are.

Ah, good to know. Thanks!
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
There will never be Andros for 2500. The existing 2400 Andros will serve for both scales. We don't sell enough of them for two sets of molds and two sets of sculpting costs. The hard realities of business are what they are.

Given the availability of the Shapeways store is this decision likely to be revisited in the future?
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is entirely possible. Same thing was said about Hydrans and Tholians and ISC and others.

key points...

1. A small group of leadership people will decide which sculptor does which empire, or some of the ships of an empire.

2. Being the first guy to post one doesn't give you ownership of the empire, but it does put you in the running. Ability to cooperate without trying to force your vision on me (or the company, or the staff, or the players) is a key element, so working with me is a good start.

3. We cannot do everything at once.

4. Anything we do we probably want to do both 3788 and 3125 at the same time. Omni-scale minis (freighters, civilians, bases) will get one scale.

5. As per the "McCammon Guidance Document" anyone doing ships needs to do the 3788 (2400, 2450) FIRST and get it to work in Shapeways for the designated "McCammon Material List" and THEN rescale it to 2500.

6. Ships will be done in the order the company wants to develop the market, not in the order that a sculptor decided looked like fun. We kinda want to focus mostly for now on ships that were never done for 2400 and very secondarily for ships that were done for 2400 but never done for 2500.
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently trying to decide whether to go 2500 or 2400 as I have small collections of both. Should I read anything into the comment "very secondarily" about 2500?

Absolutely not a complaint - just trying to decide which way to go!
Scharwenka
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sneaky Scot wrote:
Currently trying to decide whether to go 2500 or 2400 as I have small collections of both. Should I read anything into the comment "very secondarily" about 2500?

Absolutely not a complaint - just trying to decide which way to go!

I think it's still a matter of preference. . . I like 2500 because they are bigger and more detail, but you also have to keep in mind at least as of right now you don't have all the empires in that scale. More options with 2400.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: