Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feedback from a FC rookie on the PDF offerings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zencal
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And hi there, xris! Looks like there a few uk players here, including the gent at Trekyards, who posts about SFB ships now and again. Very Happy
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zencal wrote:
Rather than using my Mac, I was writing this on my iPad in Safari, which apparently uses the curly quotes unliked by the forum software; hence me now writing as Data speaks

Do note that you can turn off curly quotes on the iPad. Go to General -> Keyboards and disable Smart Punctuation. Worked wonders for me!

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was more exasperation than condescension. I dislike being told I never did things that I did long ago. I was being informative, maybe defensive, but not condescending.

And you would actually be VERY wrong to assume that I remember everything I ever did. I don't. Every day I find things (or people show me things) that I just don't remember doing.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the "volume I" idea I presume you mean "do a bunch of the Klingons, call it volume I, then do more Klingons later and call it volume II, and every now and then count the Klingon ship cards not in a 'volume' and consider doing a new volume."

Not a horrible idea, but there are issues.

1. I don't see the benefit of one "volume" with 24 cards over four "packs" with six cards. Or one "volume" with 50 cards over five "packs" with 10 cards.

2. The packs don't sell enough copies to be worth the time it takes to do them, which is why we never did all of them. Maybe in the future there will be some fundamental change in the company and an extra worker could take all of the Klingon ship card files and do something with them, but as long as Steve Cole has to do them, Steve Cole has too many demands on his time and things get done in the order of how much benefit they create.

3. It might confuse things if a given Klingon ship was in pack #4 and in volume III. Someone who bought all the packs might look at a volume of 50 ships and note that he has 37 of them in seven different packs and wonder what is going on. It would not be worth the money to him to buy the volume to get 13 ships when others got 50 for the same money.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADMIN MODE

Please don't make assumptions about what someone is thinking, especially if you think the person is being negative. Most of the time, the person is trying to be helpful or explain something. When a question is answered, most of the time it is answered not just for the person who asked, but for other folks who didn't feel brave enough to ask the question. (For each person who asks, there are usually at least nine other people who are wondering the same.)

Thanks!

Jean
WebMom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: