Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Traveller Prime Directive Playtesters needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sgt Major Al Beddow
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: Traveller Prime Directive Playtesters needed Reply with quote

ADB, Inc. is looking for groups to join Traveller: Prime Directive (TPD) playtest team. There are a total four books being translated from GURPS Prime Directive to Traveller (MGT2): Core Book, Federation, Romulans, and Klingons, The scheduled release date for the TPD Core Rulebook as a PDF by 1 Feb 2022, With the other books to follow (possibly one every two months).

Our goal is each book having been thoroughly shaped until they are the best books they can be.

We want this playtest to be as fun as possible for everyone involved, but at the same time we need to put the books to work as hard and as fast as possible. If anything in this playtest project is a problem, please speak up I will be as flexible as possible.

We won't be waiting to have a full book before sending PDFs out. Each chapter (and updates) will be sent out as they are written. Ch 1(Introduction) and Ch 2 (Character Creation) will be sent together when they are ready, I expect this to be no later than 31 Oct 2021.

All materials will come from adbrangerhq@gmail.com, this is the email address for the Star Fleet Rangers demonstration team (feel free to join the Rangers). Feel free to email me if there are any questions, but the forum is the preferred place for questions (so everyone can discuss them).

REWARDS
As of right now the rewards for everyone participating are:
    A free PDF copy to each person via DTRPG or Warehouse 23
    One physical copy for the group (y'all decide how to use it).
    Credit on the title page as a play tester

WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ALL PLAYTEST GROUPS
    Having a or being part of a group that is going to play the material.
    For reporting and commenting playtest reports we ask the group must have at least one person:
      Provide an email address for receiving new/updated PDFs
      Join the ADB (Federation Commander) forums for reporting results. (*preferably as many members of your group as are willing)
      Those who do join the forum actively participate in the TPD Playtest area, giving reports on each session and discussing the reports from other groups (you are not required to participate in any other area)

Not sharing any of the materials outside of your playtest group.
    All Material and comments are the property of Amarillo Design Bureau, INC. (ADB, INC)
    All Material is copyright 2021 by ADB, INC

EXPECTATIONS:
    Your playtest group regularly playing a game using the playtest material (at least once every two weeks, every week is preferable, but life happens and we get that).
    At least one person is in the playtest forum participating in the forum discussing the comments (there is no minimum amount of time on the forums required).
    The minimum feedback we are looking for after each session:
      What rules were used
      How well did they work
      Any problems encountered
      General thoughts
      Anything else you can think of

I can be reached on the forums as "Sgt Major Al Beddow" and on FB as "Al Beddow", and via email at adbrangerhq@gmail.com. Please understand I have Messenger only on my computer, it is not installed on my phone or tablets.

Again, if there is something here that does not feel right or you are uncomfortable with, please email me/hit me up in FB Messenger, I will listen and consider ways to accommodate you.

I look forward to working with you,
anger Sgt Major AL B.

Deputy Commandant for Ranger Operations
International Game Master
Professional Game Demonstrator since 1998

International Game Master
Professional Game Demonstrator since 1998

Last edited by Sgt Major Al Beddow on Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
kehrer1701
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject: Playtest Reply with quote

Very much looking forward to this. I have emailed you directly.
kehrer1701
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject: email contact help for playtesting Reply with quote

I used the email contact posted at the end, but it bounced back.
Stan Shinn
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did that too; I finally figured out it is adbrangerhq@gmail.com (note the 'hq') and not adbranger@gmail.com.
Sgt Major Al Beddow
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bad. the non 'hq' one was what I originally proposed back two years ago when I was supposed to take over then.

** facepalms **
Al
JohnDDW
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a group to play with, but depending on availability I think it would be fun to try and play with someone elses group if they wanted a new player.
Zencal
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just subbed to the forums to post some feedback on FC and came across this thread...

Such good news! I'd been anticipating Traveller PD for what seems... a decade? Gosh... it's been a long time. Every couple of years I'd do some digging to see if there were any updates, but eventually gave it up as vapourware. So glad to hear it's looking to be closer than ever to release!

I'm more of a collector than a player nowadays, so wouldn't have been able to take part in play testing; but I really can't wait to pick these up when they're finally out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: