Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Federation Attack Cruiser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnuzzi
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject: Federation Attack Cruiser Reply with quote

I have a few questions about the ship in this month's Hailing Frequencies, the Federation Attack Cruiser.

1 - I tried looking it up in the Federation Master Starship Book, to no avail. I guess it is not in SFB? I had thought that all FC ships had to already be in SFB. Is that no longer so?

2 - I am trying to get a handle on what the ship looks like from the side/front. By the firing arcs of phasers 3-6, and the way the nacelle support struts are drawn, I believe that the L+R nacelles are raised as in the Fed CA. What about the center nacelle? Is it directly between the secondary hulls or raised/lowered?

3- Are the secondary hulls attached to the saucer with a "neck" as in the CA, or does the saucer rest directly on top of them?

4 - Can we get this ship added to SFB? (That way we can get it into SFBOL).
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a joke ship. It isn't a "real ship". It is just something you are supposed to have some fun with, then toss when it quickly gets boring. It is not intended to be thought deeply about.

No, it doesn't exist in SFB. I suppose it probably will at some point, but, again, it is a joke ship, meant to be funny and fun. It is not something to build your fleet around.

As for what it looks like, that isn't completely defined. I can assume that each rear hull has its own neck into the saucer. But, it could just be two standard necks, or maybe slanting necks that meet where the original mount point exists. Or maybe they slant to a common joint that has an increased structure that also holds the bigger impulse engine. Regardless, it doesn't really matter. Don't think about it too hard.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
cnuzzi
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just learned it was a joke. I figured since it wasn't April it was real. Also, there is a ship in Prelude to Axanar that has two secondary hulls, so there was "cognitive precedent" for that in my mind. I figured that the double secondary hull concept was "the road not yet taken" in the SFU, so maybe it was something you might try. Smile
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We try a lot of fun things just because, well, of course we do. Jean won't let me publish half of the joke ships I come up with. Just telling you what they were would get me pummeled with two fly swatters.
Sgt_G
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, does that mean I'm not allowed to talk about the Police Cutter that has **** CLASSIFIED **** CLASSIFIED **** CLASSIFIED **** CLASSIFIED ****

I didn't think it was all that excessive. I mean, it did lose to the B-10, even if only after the 3x D7 damaged it.

Master Sgt, US Air Force, Retired -- 1981-2007 -- 1W091A
Danby44
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was kind of a cool ship . . . I was going to kitbash one by adding the third nacelle from an NCA to a Loknar-class mini from the old FASA Star Trek game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: