Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new player, observations and questions?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrooksBlakely
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: new player, observations and questions? Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm diving into FC and have thus far played only with the Academy starter set. I've just ordered a ton if new stuff, thats on its way.

I'm a huge space nerd, mostly I play Star Wars X-wing and Armada. I opted to skip Star Trek Attack Wing, mostly because I'm more interested in TOS/Starfleet era. I'm very familiar with the PC game Starfleet Command, so when I heard about Federation Commander I just had to try it. so far, its very interesting.

So far i'm about 90% certain I understand the movement rules. Turning, slipping, HETs, EMs...etc.

I'm about 100% on direct fire weapons and drones.

I havent yet tried Shuttles or Plasma weapons.

I have a few questions going foward.

1. Does federation commander have rules for Crew Quality/Veterancy?

2. are there rules for fighters? if so, which expansion are they in?

3. what is the average playtime for most scenarios? its hard to gauge, but it seems a Fleet Scale 1 v 1 takes about 1.5 hours.

4. Drones seem pretty easy to shoot down. in 4 games of CA vs D7 i've not seen 1 strike a target yet. Is this normal?

5. can drones be re-tasked/re-targetted in flight?

that's all I can think of for now, thanks in advance!
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, this might have succeeded, but you got sloppy.

This post is pretty much perfect. It shows a reflection that attention was paid to, and the game knowledge is spot on. I am impressed. However, this is an exact duplicate of another post made by "someone else". This is literally a word-for-word duplicate. Which then caused me to go back to the other message.

Imbedded in the middle of the older message were (obviously not anymore) three link to God knows what. So, this is a rather interesting two-step process to embed spam into the forum that, quite frankly, I was likely to miss had you not gotten sloppy and decided to post a duplicate message.

I will be deleting this thread shortly. I will leave up the other one as it now has some helpful discussion that might be of use to other readers now that those dangerous links have been removed.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: