Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ludoquist
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject: Game Boards Reply with quote

Before I start unfairly hassling a retailer, a friend and I just got Romulan Border and Graduation.

On the large hex size side, 4 of the 6 boards have the ABCDEF and 123456 on them, which is really distracting.

On the small size, 4 boards have the Square in the bottom left, two have the Star.

All the boards have the same hex numbers on them

Is that the correct board allocation, or should they all be different?
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABCDEF and 123456 are part of the game system and needed.

As long as you have one such panel, the game works. If you have six such panels, or two, three, four, or five, the game works the same.

When we print maps we get cases of plain maps and cases of "rosette" maps. The warehouse crew mixes them and depending on what came from the printer that run includes a variable number of them.
Ludoquist
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, it works - just having 4 of them is ugly when we only need one (it's particularly noticeable on the large hex side). It's also a mild annoyance that all the hexes have the same number. Both are minor.

But if it's 'As intended', that's fine - one less thing to worry about.

Thanks for the response.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We decided when the game as printed (almost two decades ago? Wow, time flies!) that the six panels would be interchangeable. I think you are the only person out of tens of thousands who thought having them all have the same number was an issue. I don't recall anyone ever mentioning that. The game system is based on walking panels forward as the battle runs in whatever direction it runs, so the numbers would instantly mean nothing and having to match six separately numbered panels would be a nightmare for the warehouse. I think the next print run may have all of the panels be rosette types because its easier for the production department and warehouse crew and no one has ever called it ugly before you did.
Ludoquist
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough - since we have two sets between us we can mix and match in any case, and are having great fun regardless!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: