Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Information, please?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda got turned off to the epacks with the Briefing number 2 situation. The whole product is $65. Which would have been fine if I hadn't already spent $20 on the paper product. A Border release would have been 60, the attack module 30 and three boosters another 30. So for $85 dollars I just didn't feel great about it. To be fair I did buy the Romulan E pack with the Kestrals and I did like it. I really like the physical cards, but I understand that for years SFU fans were used to printing out their ships anyway.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have that Lyran pack on my list of things to do but it's not the only thing there. And it's complicated as I have to ask the staff to pick an entirely NEW Lyran ship, then do it, then get it checked, then do the other half, and get that checked, then assemble the pack.

And like I said, I have other things to do as well. I just haven't gotten that far down. I invent a new time management system every month, it seems, but the current one works for now. I have everything I need to do on my list. Items I can do in an hour (and remove from the list) get done first. Otherwise, I take each item and do "something" that makes progress on it. Sometimes I need to share the love, many times I hit a snag where I have to wait for someone to answer a question, sometimes I get interrupted. (I am having problems with my PC which will require it to go to the shop today at 1pm so I can get it back by 5pm.)

Sent another ISC ship to Paul for FCOL. I send him a ship every day. A couple of times a week I do a few ships in one batch.

Worked on some fiction. We always need fiction.

SIT UPDATES for F&E: Still waiting for staff report on Roms. I set up the file for the Kzinti update. I haven't updated these in three years so they kinda bubbled to the top.

DIE CUT COUNTERS: Reviewed source 3 and sent for more info. Send an email to source 1. Tried to track down the lost contact information for Source 2. The company that made them went out of business so I have to research and find and qualify a new die cutting company during this @#$% virus when none of them are in their offices.

COLORING BOOK 3: I did the first of the 32 pieces of art. Jean wants this right away as people are locked in their houses with their kids.

RYAN INDEX: Consulted with Jean and Steve P. Gave Ryan a directive on how to proceed.

PC FIXES: The local expert reviewed the STEAM games and said my PC didn't have the power to run them. Asked local PC repair bunch for quote on upgrades but buying a new one is probably cheaper. Managed to reset the time zone for the clock. Still need to get Photoshop reinstalled and after they did the update the CDRom doesn't work any more so they have to fix that.

SHAPEWAYS: Approved a bunch of ships, posted two design studies for commentary. I have to keep on top of this or we end up the night before the release trying to do 25 ships and it takes to 4am.

GURPS FEDS REVISED: confirmed that Leanna got the corrected cover to Jean. The PDF should get updated any day now and we are printing hard copies.

LYRAN EPACK: Waiting for staff to select the new ship. I guess I could set up the rest of the file but it's bad luck to spend work on a project I cannot complete until outsiders do their thing.
Maldus
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember back in the day seeing a post similar to this, Steve. Some thing never change, eh? Thanks for the crazy huge efforts all these years. You and the team continue to amaze. Heck, the product list for FC used to be three items...total. Now look at it! Fun.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call this a monthly update...

I had surgery on 3 June to remove the excess skin after losing 150 pounds. All went well but it has taken me to now to get back to my desk part time.

I have sent Paul F so many ships for FCOL he has asked for help in getting them uploaded.

I continued to work on some fiction. We always need fiction.

SIT UPDATES for F&E: Roms and Kzintis done, but I need to do CL54 before doing the Gorns.

DIE CUT COUNTERS: Still searching for a provider.

COLORING BOOK 3: Done, released.

RYAN INDEX: Working.

PC FIXES: I enjoyed winning PLANETBASE with 300 colonists during recovery.

SHAPEWAYS: We have done a ton of ships.

GURPS FEDS REVISED: I think this got done.

LYRAN EPACK: I have done one of the two new ships.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: