Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scenarios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject: Scenarios Reply with quote

Art,

I profusely apologize. While trying to delete a post I made, I killed the whole thread!

EDIT: Old conversation in next message.

Again, I truly apologize for my mistake!

Federation Commander Answer Guy

Last edited by mjwest on Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it cached. Here it is:

drneuro wrote:
Hey guys, speaking of scenarios, I was curious about what kind of scenarios the other players enjoy. I would love it if you guys could maybe list five or maybe even just three of your fave Federation Commander scenarios so far. And maybe what Empire Or even specific ship or ship type that you guys preferred to play in scenarios. I hope that no one finds that I am being intrusive but I just love hearing about what my fellow players enjoy playing and enjoy flying. Smile

I should also mention that players could use the Master ship charts and scenarios list, both found in Commander

drneuro wrote:
Also, may I ask for my fellow players to maybe include their favourite modules? Such as Romulan Border or Battleships Attack or Reinforcements Attack or War & Peace etc.
I think that it would be cool to hear from players about their likes and favourites.

Sebastian380 wrote:
Art, we've fired phasers at each other long enough that you probably know what kind of scenarios I enjoy best but for the sake of conversation:
I have come to enjoy scenarios that are--at first blush--wildly unbalanced. I like a scenario to see-saw between one side and the other. I prefer winning a scenario but I don't mind losing if I can deal a lot of damage to my opponent and if I have at least a chance, just one chance to roll for a photon strike that will completely win or completely lose the game.
I like scenarios that either begin with ships in a perilous state or that have ships that must keep on fighting after that first clash of weapons in the centre of the board. "Graveyard of Ships" is one that I remember. "The Quick and the Dead" is another. There are plenty of them.
"Hun in the Sun" is another 'off-balance' scenario that is a lot of fun to play.
Fed Comm allows for bigger scenarios to play out really nicely and there's nothing like "Cavalry Charge" for creating space-debris.
In short--I've learned that if the scenario looks really bad for one side or the other, if I toss the scenario aside in disgust after a first reading but then find myself thinking about what I'd do as player A or player B---that's a promising scenario.

drneuro wrote:
Excellent Answer! I agree! Here is a group of scenarios that I think follow that mentality;

drneuro wrote:
Ceasefire Collapse (Romulan Border ), Refiners Fire(communique #7), and a seven-way tie for third place-

mjwest wrote:
You might want to doctor up those last two posts. Don't use smart quotes; it'll cause the post to fail at that point. (I find this to be a big annoyance when posting from my iPad.) I imagine there are other "smart" characters that'll screw the post up, too.

drneuro wrote:
Thank you, you are right. I am having a huge problem posting what I want to

drneuro wrote:
How do you post from your iPad as I want to do the same thing

mjwest wrote:
I just don't use quotes. So, for example, that first sentence would be either:
- I just do not use quotes.
- I just dont use quotes.

Or I wait and use my computer. Smile

Or, I just figured out, you can go to:
Settings -> General -> Keyboard
and turn "Smart Punctuation" off.
That seems to kill off the smart quotes.

drneuro wrote:
Thanks mjwest😊
Here are my picks for seven-way tie for third best scenarios -
Refiners Fire(Communique 7), Ceasefire Collapse (Romulan Border ), and a seven-way tie for third place-If you cant beat them pay them (Orions Attack), The Ophiunia Raid (Communique #52), Cavalry Charge (Communique #101), Battle for Organia(CL#34), and Battle of the Long Claws (Distant Kingdom-option replacing one of the LDR allied factions with Hydran force for LDR/Hydran vs Lyran), The Quick and the Dead (CL#40Supplement) and What Lies Beneath(CL#40)

Any other choices from other players?

Again, I apologize for the screw-up.

drneuro
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mjwest, no problem, accidents happen-so what should I do to get my posting traffic back up? I was hoping to get people to respond with their favourite scenarios, etc.
Will I have to rewrite the whole posting and all my original comments?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entire conversation was quoted in the second post.

Democratus
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our group always enjoyed Merchant, Pirate, Soldier, Spy. Did that ever get made into a FedCom scenario?
drneuro
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they did they did a Fedcom version of that scenario in Captains log 45.
But have you not played any actual Fedcom scenarios that you liked?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: