Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Check out Shapeways even if you don'y play with minis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnuzzi
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Check out Shapeways even if you don'y play with minis Reply with quote

My artistic skills are in the negative, so I don't play with minis, but I have found the ADB Shapeways store to be a fascinating source of historical information and ship lore. Every FC player should check it out!
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a related note, for anyone who has a copy of the Federation Commander Omega Playtest Rulebook, many of the ships currently available as playtest Ship Cards are up on the Shapeways storefront. My hope, such as it is, would be for the FC Omega project to one day help raise awareness of, and interest in, the relevant Shapeways minis, and vice versa.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny (as in wierd). When I look at the Shapeways site I see ship pics and prices and nothing else. Where are you looking to see other info?

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have click on an product (ship) to get to its individual page to see the description.

example:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/73T4Q6LYA/3125-scale-ldr-heavy-cruiser-mauler-cvn?optionId=66203514
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the Omega playtest rulebook? :O
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I finally saw that "click on the ship" thing later.

I'll have to go through them to see what's there that I don't already have in print somewhere.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimmshade wrote:
What's the Omega playtest rulebook? :O

In the Star Fleet Universe, the Milky Way Galaxy looks like this. The Alpha Octant is but one of five regions in which "life as we know it" may exist. (That large region on the far side of the galaxy is ruled by the Xorkaelian Tyranny, who are set to become the "big bad" during the era of second-generation X-ships.)

The Omega Octant, over to the "east" of the ISC, has a series of five published modules over in Star Fleet Battles, plus the Omega Master Rulebook and a number of playtest SSDs printed in various issues of Captain's Log. In Federation Commander, there is a playtest product for the Omega setting available in print, on Warehouse 23, and on DriveThruRPG; there is a discussion thread here on the FC forum if you were so interested. As noted above, several Omega empires now have ships available on the Shapeways storefront, each with a writeup (hopefully) explaining what a given empire is about, and how each ship type featured serves said empire.

Beyond the Milky Way Galaxy, there is also a playtest product in FC for the Lesser Magellanic Cloud, which is also available in print, on W23, and on DTRPG (and which has its own discussion thread on these boards); this material is derived mostly from what is found in SFB Module C5. However, none of the local empires of the LMC have, as of yet, been added to the Shapeways stables.
Grimmshade
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool stuff! Thanks for the info Nerroth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: