Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unity?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starmada and Klingon Armada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mj12games
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if Daniel wants to whip one up we'll certainly make it available.

Happy to do it, as time permits.

Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, time controls all men. Time fears only the pyramids.
Haukea
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
Did anybody buy hard copy Star Fleet books from MJ12? (I really don't know, not in that side of things.) If so, you can get the free PDF.

What about those of us who purchased from our FLGS? How do we go about getting an upgrade to Unity? Contact ADB or MJ12?
Sgt_G
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
Indeed, time controls all men. Time fears only the pyramids.
What about The Guardian of Forever????

Master Sgt, US Air Force, Retired -- 1981-2007 -- 1W091A
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got the files for Unity (or at least some of them, I'm really not sure as I am not the one who downloaded them) and should have something going with them next week. Everything is in kind of a ruckus right now. Leanna, myself, and Jean have been out of the office for separate reasons for several days. Leanna is back today, so am I, and Jean should be back Wednesday. We have a lot of balls in the air (ACTASF-2.0, Starmada, SFU Index, FedAdm, Shapeways, reprints of some expensive key parts of older products, and a new FC card pack) and, well, things just got jumbled. When Jean gets back we'll pick one thing and do it and then another and another.

Yes, if you bought from FLGS you contact Jean and she will help you confirm you bought the book and get you a coupon.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STARMADA UNITY BEGINS

We have released Klingon Armada Unity, the first book in the new edition. This edition unifies the previous Nova and Admiralty editions, so there will no longer be Starmada fans who cannot game together. The new rules preserve the best of both previous systems, and add dynamic seeking weapons rules that do what seeking weapons are supposed to do: force the enemy to move out of key areas or shoot his way through a swam of drones. Next year, the sixth book in the series, RUMORS OF WARS, as well as the seventh and eighth books, will appear in the Unity format only.

Because we want to bring all Starmada players together, we're making Unity a free PDF upgrade for anyone who bought the Nova or Admiralty editions of this book. Nothing was wrong with either edition, other than the fact that it was harder to find opponents who played by the same rulebook. That problem is now solved.

If you bought a PDF of either the Admiralty edition or Nova edition through Warehouse 23, DriveThru RPG, or Wargame Vault, then your PDF library now contains the original older Nova or Admiralty edition you bought AND the new Unity edition we're giving you. As each book is replaced (Klingon Armada now, the others -- Romulan Armada, Distant Armada, Alien Armada, and Battleships Armada -- over the next few months) we will take the old editions off sale (but leave them in your library) and upload the new edition for sale to new players. (If you want the Starmada Logs, then you need to purchase them promptly as they will not be updated nor will they remain on sale after the last of the old books is taken down.)

Get your copy of Klingon Armada Unity from the following sources:

Warehouse 23: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/ADB6131

DriveThru RPG: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/218524/

Wargame Vault: http://www.wargamevault.com/product/218524/

It is available in hardcopy from ADB: http://www.starfleetstore.com/starmada-c-89/klingon-armada-unity-p-1254.html

Anyone who bought a hardcopy of Klingon Armada Nova or Klingon Armada Admiralty can get a free PDF copy by contacting us at marketing@starfleetgames.com. If you want to replace your hardcopy Nova/Admiralty book with a hardcopy Unity book, we'll sell you one for our cost ($8, less than half price) plus shipping. Hardcopies of Nova/Admiralty books will no longer be available but you will be able to buy hard copies of the new Unity books from ADB, Inc.
Weirdo
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean wrote:
Hardcopies of Nova/Admiralty books will no longer be available...

Wait, what? So my desire to actually own the Admiralty books in paper form leaves me completely out of luck, unless I get lucky at used bookstores?
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the paper copy, you need to contact Leanna at sales@starfleetgames.com immediately. You'll need to go ahead and get the other books promptly, too.

When something is superseded, it goes out of print. Just as you cannot buy the old pocket edition version of Star Fleet Battles, Admiralty and Nova are being phased out. We cannot justify keeping three versions in print.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might comment that over the 40 years we've done this, lots of stuff went out of print mostly because it was replaced.

If you want the Nova or Admiralty books we still have a few and still have the capability to print more. We just don't plan to offer them for sale.

If you're reading this in 2019 and you want a hard copy of Klingon Armada Nova you can always email Leanna (Sales@StarFleetGames.com) and ask nicely if she will print you a copy when she's not busy with something else. It wouldn't be the first time she's done something like that.

I might also note just for record that while hard copies of the old Pocket Edition are long gone, you can buy it as a PDF because almost everything out of print is on the PdF stores.
gurps_gm
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update. Explains why I got a free copy of Unity this week.
Thanks
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klingon Armada Unity is in the PDF stores and has been added to the download libraries of anyone who bought the PDF of Klingon Armada Nova or Klingon Armada Admiralty.

Romulan Armada Unity will be uploaded about 5 September. Same thing. If you bought a PDF of RAA or RAN you will get a copy of RAU. The existing download copies of RAA and RAN will be taken off sale but left in the library.

Whichever book has the Tholians will be released about 4-5 October. The other two will release on 5 Nov and 5 Dec.

To some extent we have to avoid the Shapeways Red Zone, the last 7 days of any month and the first three days of the next, because Jean is busy uploading ships. A Unity release takes a day or two of her time to arrange for free copies to be sent.

A reminder: Nothing was wrong with Admiral or Nova. Daniel K created Unity so players of either rulebook could game with players of the other rulebook.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romulan Armada Unity is now available!
Oracle
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect I already know the answer, but just want to make sure.

Not a push to get the others out as I know they'll be published as time permits... but if I cannot wait, will I get the unity versions of the same product if I purchase either Admiralty or Nova version as you've already done for Klingon and Romulan Armadas?

Just trying to figure out which one is the closest to Unity. I've dabbled in both Admirality and Nova versions on a few test runs and found I like each but liked different part of each. Unity looks to include the best of both! I like enough I don't mind I picked printed Admiralty versions of Klingon and Romulan Armada 2nd hand only to repurchase them as PDFs via WGV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starmada and Klingon Armada All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: