Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starfleet Online Client - would LOVE to play, but...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xnook
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:21 am    Post subject: Starfleet Online Client - would LOVE to play, but... Reply with quote

OK.

Out of nostalgia, bought Starfleet Battles

Then saw the Fedcom rules, and decided I really, really needed that.

OK.

Got my son interested in trying, but he moved out to the west coast.

OK

Decided to try the client.

So far between us we've tried every possible combination of Mac and Windows (and linux) clients, and can't seem to get past some pretty basic issues.

If I'm trying it out by myself I can do weapons targeting, damage allocation, etc.

We've gotten to the point where we can USUALLY find each other in the chat rooms, especially given recent interface changes.

I have yet to figure out how to invite him to a game I've set up as a PLAYEr and not an observer.

The tutorials go over a lot of steps but not how to set up a game.

I can't find documentation on this

Help?

We're literally at the point of deciding to create custom Tabletop simulator boards and chits to have something we can move pieces around on rather than spend more time trying to figure out a "janky" (his words) interface.
A88mph
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Starfleet Online Client - would LOVE to play, but... Reply with quote

When will you be on the client again? Maybe I can try to help.
xnook
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Starfleet Online Client - would LOVE to play, but... Reply with quote

A88mph wrote:

I can arrange a time some evening in the next week, eastern.

Still running the demo because I want to learn the app, and see if it fits my needs before I pay up
xnook
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Starfleet Online Client - would LOVE to play, but... Reply with quote

A88mph wrote:

And thank you for the offer
A88mph
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I understand wanting to know the product before buying.
xnook
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A88mph wrote:
No problem. I understand wanting to know the product before buying.

I may be on later tonight, around 8 or 9 eastern. You can reach me directly at my g mail account

dgarsys at etc......
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnook,
Sorry if I did not make it clear in the tutorials. It is pretty simple to it requires a few steps:

1) Start a new game by click "Game/Start New Game"
2) Select the type of game. (i.e. "Federation Commander" in this instance) and click "Ok"
3) Enter a room name.

The opponent will just need to wait for the room to show in the "Rooms" list and double click the room entry to enter the room, then the opponent needs to click on "Observer Mode/Switch to Player Mode"

The first player then needs to accept the "Player" request and then you both are considered players. That means you can add ships to the board.
xnook
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andromedan wrote:
xnook,
Sorry if I did not make it clear in the tutorials. It is pretty simple to it requires a few steps:

1) Start a new game by click "Game/Start New Game"
2) Select the type of game. (i.e. "Federation Commander" in this instance) and click "Ok"
3) Enter a room name.

The opponent will just need to wait for the room to show in the "Rooms" list and double click the room entry to enter the room, then the opponent needs to click on "Observer Mode/Switch to Player Mode"

The first player then needs to accept the "Player" request and then you both are considered players. That means you can add ships to the board.

We got all that figured out, but the first player never got the message asking for authorization. We tried several nights.

I'm frustrated enough after several further attempts I'm trying to figure out if I can homebrew map, counters, and placards in Tabletop simulator.
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you are having frustration. I just checked by using two Demo accounts in a Fed Com room and it seems to work fine.

The prompt will show up in front of the board window.

Did you do anything special? Like:

1) Mark the room as Invite Only
2) Changing your callsign while online
etc.

Did you submit feedback?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: