Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

House Rules & Enterprise Era Ships?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Federation Commander Forum Index -> A Call to Arms Star Fleet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saladin
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: House Rules & Enterprise Era Ships? Reply with quote

I really like the system, but it reflects more of the SFB universe than the actual Trek universe.

I have some simple house rules (that I'll post when I get them formatted) to address those issues, but I was wondering if anyone else has something similar.

Also, I think the Enterprise era is ideal for smaller actions. I also am working on ship stats, but I was wondering if something already exists.
A88mph
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: House Rules & Enterprise Era Ships? Reply with quote

Saladin wrote:
I really like the system, but it reflects more of the SFB universe than the actual Trek universe.

Of course it reflects the SFU, 1.) it's a SFU game. And 2.)Paramount forbids them from going outside of TOS itself(they can't even use the TOS-era movies).
Saladin
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I'm hoping someone who is an actual fan of the real Trek universe might have been working on these things.
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not we are not fans it is a matter of what Paramount let's us use. Do not post house rules without running them by SVC first. If you rules do not violate the ADB License he will let you know how to proceed.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's end this discussion right now. What you do around your gaming table is your business, but it cannot be published or distributed in any way, even for free.
Saladin
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your obligations. I'll post them on my site.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saladin wrote:
I understand your obligations. I'll post them on my site.

Even that isn't allowed.
If ADB, even tacitly allows IP-breaking info to be posted - they are in violation of their license.

In other words, if you post it - ADB will remove any mention of it from the ADB forum and BBS and report you to Paramount for violating their IP.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While ADB won't allow you to advertise Trek-based house rules on our site, we're not going to send the Pagnatelli Brothers to kidnap your family, either. We'll report you to Paramount and tell them "we did not authorize this guy to do house rules of trek stuff for our game" and Paramount will do whatever they do. ADB won't be the one suing you, and we don't speak for Paramount. Or about them. Beyond that there is no reason for me to continue.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Federation Commander Forum Index -> A Call to Arms Star Fleet All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: