Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Nova Edition] How do Marines work exactly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starmada and Klingon Armada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ApocalypseMeow
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: [Nova Edition] How do Marines work exactly? Reply with quote

I'm new to Starmada (and SFU as well) and would like to ask the community about the rules for Marines in the Nova Edition and if I understood them correctly:

Range attack modifiers are +1 (2 hexes), 0 (4 hexes) and -1 (6 hexes). Are there any other attack modifiers for marines, because the table on page 20 shows modifiers from +2 to -5.

Marine damage is done in reverse order, meaning last to first hull box. Does this mean, if there are shield boxes left, these would have to be hit with marines as well to capture the ship?

What about normal damage checked boxes? Do I have to hit these with marines too? Or is the ship successfully boarded, when normal damage checked boxes and marine damage checked boxes "meet" somewhere in the ship display?

Successful marine hits, which are checked of on the attacking ship's display, can be negated by defending marines on a one-to-one basis. I assume, these cancelled out marines won't come back to their attacking mother ship, will they?

Thank you very much for your help!
Kohanavich
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Marines in nova edition Reply with quote

Starship Systems: Marines

Fired like any attack. No use while cloaked. Number of attack dice used is number of marines chosen. Current attack modifier determines number required for a hit(boarding). range is 2-4-6 Hits checked on hull from right to left(reverse) when all remaining hull boxes hit by marines ship is captured. Check off own marines only for hits. Defending marines checked off negate each attacking marine. Shields dont stop marine attacks.
SK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starmada and Klingon Armada All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: