Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Briefing #1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panda21
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Briefing #1 Reply with quote

I'm looking for Scenarios to expand my FC "experience", and Briefing #1 looks intriguing. However, I don't see it mentioned much, if at all, and the only files available on Warehouse 23 are all Briefing #2. Is Briefing #1 still a good, relevant product? It seems older.

Thanks for any guidance.
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want scenarios have you looked through Communique, it is a free 'newsletter' type thing on this web site. That has 1 scenario in each issue, and there are a lot of issues now. It also has extra ships etc in each issue.

Some of the scenarios lack good balance, but there is a fair number to look at and FC generally lends itself to tweaking scenarios to get better balance.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briefing #1 is still very relevant and is a good buy. It does not have the empires that have been recently added to Federation Commander, but it has good scenarios for all the core empires (Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Gorn, etc.).

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Panda21
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did actually look through Communique and found several good ones. I guess part of my issue is that I'm really only interested in some of the more traditional races (Feds, Klingons, Romulans) and maybe the Gorn and Orion.

I am not sure if I'm really even interested in playing with Kzinti, Lyran, Hydran, WYN, etc. My interests are more limited to races from the original show, so that knocks out about half the scenarios I found. Briefing #1 seems to be pretty focused on the core races, which is why it drew my attention.

Thanks for the replies.
Sllarr
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With extremely rare exceptions almost any scenario will work perfectly well if you replace the suggested races with other races in the game. Actually most scenarios list "alternative empires" at the end.

I understand the preference for the traditional TOS empires. I had the same preference when I first started with FC. But I can tell you that you would miss a lot by not playing with the other races. Each has a distinct flavor and the diversity really adds to the experience.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, understand your preference for the TOS core empires. I began like that and still prefer them, but I definitely added the Kzintis to the list. The TOS animated series had the Kzintis, so they sorta fit in. Just imagine that NCC-1701 never made it to that border.

Quote:
I understand the preference for the traditional TOS empires. I had the same preference when I first started with FC. But I can tell you that you would miss a lot by not playing with the other races. Each has a distinct flavor and the diversity really adds to the experience.

The last statement in the quote is especially true for the Kzintis. I can just imagine a couple of them saying something like that over a meal of human and Klingon...

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: