Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Romulan Scenarios?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panda21
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Romulan Scenarios? Reply with quote

I'm new to FC, but I currently own Academy and have been playing it with the family for a couple of weeks. I am looking for scenarios, and I found the Commander's Circle with a lot of options, but I noticed that there are almost no scenarios for the Romulans.

Is there a reason for that? I always was fascinated by the Romulans, and would like to try them out. I did purchase Romulan Attack, which is on the way, but hasn't arrived yet. I'm just wondering why I found a ton of Fed/Klingon/Orion/etc. but I think I found about 4 to 5 Romulan based scenarios. Are they unpopular in FC for some reason?
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents worth for two points, for what it's worth:

First, just about every scenario says players can substitute any empire for one side or another, so Romulans could be put into any scenario.

Federation Commander takes a very loose, non-"historical" view of the positions of the various empires and their histories. Even though the SFU places the Romulans and Hydrans quadzillions of light-years apart, they can face off against each other with no restraints of "realism."

Second, and this may seem contradictory to the first point, the Romulans' only opponent until just before the General War was the Gorn empire, very limited sorties with the Tholians, and the occasional Orion pirate cartel). There are lots of scenarios about conflicts between the Federation, Klingons, Kzintis, Tholians, Lyrans, Hydrans, Wyns, Orion pirates, and all manner of space monsters for at least 30 years prior to the war, not to mention the battles of the war itself. In the war, the Romulans fought against the Federation and the Gorns.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a scenario index in the commander's circle, listing all of the scenarios and who is in them.
Panda21
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at this and it looks like there are a good number of Romulan Scenarios, they just haven't been released through Communique. I've order Romulan Attack, so that should help a lot.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: