Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When can you drop a Tractor Beam?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Nebula
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: When can you drop a Tractor Beam? Reply with quote

During what phase can you drop a Tractor Beam, other than just not paying to continue the Tractor Beam at the beginning of the Turn?

I can't seem to find this in the rules. If there's no 'official' answer, I'm going to just throw it under the "Other Functions Phase" where you activate the Tractor, and just do it during the Impulse.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm moving the ships across the board in a scenario I'm working on and I'm doing an Emergency Transporter Evacuation of a towed ship and I want to drop the towed ship after the Crew is transported off. Otherwise I'm towing an empty ship for the rest of the Turn, for no good reason.

Any ideas?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rule (5D5) specifically states "[t]he object is then tractored, and will for the remainder of the turn move along with the ship holding it unless ... the tractor is released in the Other Functions Step (1E2e) [losing any power] ..."

Rule (5D6) states "[t]he ship [being tractored] is then treated as an object being towed (above) except as follows ..." None of the exceptions apply to this particular issue.

Long story short, yes, you can release a tractor to a ship in the Other Functions Step (1E2e).

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Captain Nebula
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I missed it.

My book doesn't say "Other Functions Step". It just has the rule number. I might be looking at a different version.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a later edition (Fifth or Sixth edition) it should clearly state this on the internal title page. I am looking at the Sixth Edition Reference Rulebook.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Captain Nebula
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not there in my edition. I have the book that comes with FC: Academy.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Academy has a 4th, 5th, and 6th edition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: