Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vudar tactics?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Vudar tactics? Reply with quote

While the Andromedans and ISC have seemingly grabbed the limelight so far as the War and Peace empires go, that module has also brought the Vudar Enclave to the table.

How have people found these ships when pitted against their historical opponents, or perhaps when dealing with more far-flung foes?

Also, for those familiar with Module F2, how well do you think their Middle Years ships (CL, DD, FF et al) might fare against the Briefing #2 fleets, should they ever be brought over?
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only played them once (or twice?), but I thought they were quite good. The IPG is a very useful system, the game I remember was against Frax and the IPG allowed me to safely close through the Disrupter ranges to overload Ion cannon range.

They are an interesting race, and I could definately see myself getting into them more if I had the game time.
paulgenna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Vudar Tactics Reply with quote

Looking at the ships and doing a quick battle against a base station this is what I found.

The Vudar are a close range race, to get the maximum hit chances. To get close, I used the IPG each impulse once I got in overload range. Unless the Vudar ship is the only one moving you should be looking at 2 impulses max to really close the distance. Remember the turn you plan to fire the IPG hurts the Vudar owner as much as the other race. I used 2 points on the IPG to close, when it was one impulse to close, and then 1 point the impulse I fired. Since you have to get out remember to save a point or two to get away with. The ships did not have a lot of power once shield reinforcements was needed so like the Feds most of my damage game from the ION Cannons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Tactics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: