Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few questions about Fed Com Online

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hudson
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: A few questions about Fed Com Online Reply with quote

I am confused about the pricing. In two areas it states two prices. In the sticky in this forum it states 40 dollars

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=96

but here

http://www.sfbonline.com/register.jsp

It states 60

Which one is right? And what is the exact 3 month pricing?

Can the game be played in Practice Mode?

Is there a Trial version?

Can you play practice games say against drones with one starship if there is a trial version?

How many people are usually playing this and can you get enough games to make it worth the investment?
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the UK so the dollar price gets converted to pounds, so I'll leave someone else to answer that.

There is a 'demo' mode, which allows you to play for free. You can play against others who are paying customers, but you will be limited to the Fed CA and Klink D7 as I remember.

There is no AI, but yes you could play a free demo game of drones vs one of the above ships if you control both sides.

There are often a number SFB players online, but I'm not into that game, so I'm not sure whether they are there to play pick up games, or whether they generally arrange something before hand. They do a lot of SFB tourneys etc.

For FedCom you will hardly ever find anyone online, pretty much all games are arranged before hand via this forum/email etc, e.g. the FedCom tourney here. If you are expecting to fire it up in an evening and find someone to play with then you are wasting your time. There are a few players who you may be able to arrange online games with, but I couldn't say how often you will get to play - there never seemed that many gamers looking to play online and I had the time zone issue making it awkward, at least you might not have that problem.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pricing -- back in 2006 it was indeed only $10 per quarter. However, Paul had to raise the price a while back to $15 per quarter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: