Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frigate Duel
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander: Play By Email!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...S has unwittingly accomplished a major objective when facing drones. He's managed to get between the drones and the controlling ship.

So his mistake not only managed to avoid the drone, but accidentally negated the possibility of the drones influencing his maneuver (for now).

Well, that just means I have to think harder and make those drones a factor again.

DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think S is trying to close to overload range. He's got the range down to 10.

DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Range is now 9. He's got me jammed along the map edge. Can't really do my fancy maneuvers to get out of it right now. Guess I better lob a few drones at him. See if that helps.

DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we've decided to call it a draw. It's possible S could knock me out with a 3 photon blast at range 9, but if I survived he'd get hit with a tractor anchor that would result in a 12 drone impact.

All together a good game.

Sebastian380
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. It was a good game. There were a couple of snags to acting as moderator while playing the game so I don't think I'd try that again. There was a lot of learning going on for me as the moderator, but I enjoyed the learning and I enjoyed the game.
I learned about posting images--there is a bit of work involved but it is fun--and the email format really forces a player to look at the game closely. I often found myself thinking about the position in the middle of the day or during a meeting: weird but also fun.

Thanks to my opponent.

My offer to moderate for any players interested in PBEM is still open.
DNordeen
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's a quick after-action from the Kzinti side:

1) When I HET'd, I should have closed the range instead of firing from just within overload. I let my fear of his HET override the fact that he would have plowed into all 12 drones doing that.

2) After my HET, I turned away to play with his 1 drone instead of just running over it and staying on his rear. This ended up taking me out of the battle, and limited my movement options because I was right at the range 25 limit for my drones for the rest of the game.

I would have played much better by staying with the standard anti-Fed tactic of staying on the Fed's rear.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander: Play By Email! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: