Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fall 2012 FCOL Tourney: Info, Announcements and Deadlines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fall 2012 FC Online Tournament

Round 2 Results as of 11/26/2012

Code:
 Match    Player 1                            Player 2                    Won
 -----    --------                            --------                    ---

2-1     Storeylf       (Orion)      vs       M1A1DAT       (Lyran)    Storeylf
  2-2    ncrcalamine    (Romulan)     vs        Monty        (Gorn)
  2-3   JimDauphinais (Federation)    vs    Patrick Doyle   (Tholian) Patrick Doyle
  2-4      Archer       (Klingon)     vs    Cornelius0791    (Lyran)     Archer
  2-5      Tamari     (Federation)    vs       Manawom      (Kzinti)     Tamari

All remaining matches need to be completed by no later than THIS Wednesday, November 28, 2012.

Thanks,

Jim

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
ncrcalamine
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are starting turn 4

Nicole
ncrcalamine
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romulans win turn 5
An analysis of game will be on proposed new cloak rules thread

Nicole
Monty
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are done, Nicole won handily. Good game.

Monty
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2 Final Results

Code:
 Match    Player 1                            Player 2                    Won
 -----    --------                            --------                    ---

2-1     Storeylf       (Orion)      vs       M1A1DAT       (Lyran)    Storeylf
  2-2    ncrcalamine    (Romulan)     vs        Monty        (Gorn)    ncrcalamine
  2-3   JimDauphinais (Federation)    vs    Patrick Doyle   (Tholian) Patrick Doyle
  2-4      Archer       (Klingon)     vs    Cornelius0791    (Lyran)     Archer
  2-5      Tamari     (Federation)    vs       Manawom      (Kzinti)     Tamari

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standings at the End of Round 2

Code:
                                                Total
                                                 Tie
 Current                                Total  Breaker
  Rank       Player         Empire      Points  Points
 ------      ------         ------      ------  ------
    1      ncrcalamine      Romulan       4       4
    1     Patrick Doyle     Tholian       4       4
    1       storeylf     Orion Pirates    4       0
    2        Archer         Klingon       2       4
    2     JimDauphinais   Federation      2       4
    2         Monty          Gorn         2       4
    2        Tamari       Federation      2       4
    3        M1A1DAT         Lyran        0       6
    3        Manawom        Kzinti        0       6
    3     Cornelius0791      Lyran        0       4

Note: Tie breaker points do not factor into the standings until the completion of the last round of the tournament.

Last edited by JimDauphinais on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 3 Matchups

Code:
Match    Player 1                              Player 2
-----    --------                              --------
 3-1    ncrcalamine    (Romulan)      vs       Storeylf       (Orion)
 3-2   Patrick Doyle   (Tholian)      vs         Monty         (Gorn)
 3-3      Archer       (Klingon)      vs        Tamari      (Federation)
 3-4   JimDauphinais  (Federation)    vs        M1A1DAT       (Lyran)
 3-5      Manawom       (Kzinti)      vs     Cornelius0791    (Lyran)

All matches need to be completed by no later than Sunday, December 30, 2012.

Note that this gives everybody two extra days this month to complete their matches.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks,

Jim

ncrcalamine
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Match 3-1 romulan win vs orion
Using proposed cloak rules
Will be analysis under the proposed cloak topic i. Discussion

Nicole
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Orion reign of terror comes to and end, win for the romulans.

The Romulans cloaked early in turn 1. The orions carronaded and phasered the KE at range 0 at the end of the turn, that almost dropped a shield. The following turn, not wanting to double engines whilst the roms may have stayed cloaked, and probably have been able to make it difficult to line up a second shot (I was facing a different direction to the Roms) I just sped away. The Roms immediately uncloaked and HET'd and I was unable to get beyond range 5 for the inevitable bolts. I had planned to go EM if they did that whilst plotting my move during EA, but forgot about it until to late. I did manage a split shield, but one DW was left literaly with no boxes left, not even a spare frame, 1 hit short of guaranteed dead (much to the annoyance of the Rom commander).

The 2 remaining ships managed to get round into carronade range at the start of the following turn and doubled engines, having the KE on its damaged shield. The KE risked a second HET which suceeded, allowing him to point at the orions. The KE suffered significant damage from the carronades and phasers whilst in return it almost took out the 2nd DWs front shield, but as the orions sped past on EM the Vulture also risked a HET, which also succeeded and gave it a range 0 shot into the same shield, gutting the DW.

I conceded at that point.

Good solid game from Nicole, and far too many mistakes from me. I used my HET far to early to line up the first carronade, when I should have just accepted we were going to go past the Roms and left it at that.

I was expecting the Plasma R bolts before going into the game, though I was thinking they were more likely on the initial approach (followed by cloak and reload). I was planning on going EM at the start of turn 2 as I turned away to avoid any bolts that turn, but forgot, and by the time I remembered it was to late, hence I lost a DW to the mass bolts and phasers. I think going EM would have made the Roms hold off on bolts and as far as I can remember my initial plans the Rs would not have hit until impulse 7 (10 each) if launched. Then at the end I slipped the wrong way looking to go behind the Vulture, rather than accepting it would shoot, but on a different shileds if I had gone the other way.

Whilst I said the roms could use the new cloak rules, they never entered the equation. The Roms cloaked at long range on turn 1 and never cloaked again once they uncloaked. Nor were they relevant as I had no seekers after the first carronade.

Not to take anything away from Nicole's well thought out and well played win, but it might be something worth noting, and its certainly not the first time its happened to me. I am getting used to the online client, but in a close game I find the duty of advancing the phase and checking the other person is doing anything that phase is a noticeble distraction from actually thinking about what you are doing yourself. Whilst most of my mistakes were unrelated and just me being dumb, forgetting to go EM after the Roms uncloaked was almost certainly down to that distraction (whether it woud have made any difference..?).

Last edited by storeylf on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicole - If you are up for it, and are free on any coming sundays, I'd love to play a rematch of that game.
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M1A1DAT's Lyrans have defeated my Feds.

JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only 10 days left and only two matches have been completed.

For those who have matches that have not yet been completed, please report on the status of your match.

Thanks,

Jim

Archer
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Klingon victory over Tamari's Feds Reply with quote

Micheal and I completed our game this morning. My D5Ws encouraged Micheal to follow me around the huge map and mission killed is DDL with 2 subsequent over the shoulder alpha strikes on shield 1. By turn 3 he decided to withdraw as it became clear the Klingons could do this all day.

Thanks Micheal for the fun game!

Archer
Tamari
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archer's Klingons embarrassed my Federation ships. They (the Klingons, not Archer) laughed as they made repeated 90kk strikes on the DDL, eventually stripping it of weapons, while never allowing the Federation ships to get closer as they had total freedom of movement.

I should have realized I'd never see range 8 and exchanged on the first strike, despite the bad odds my ships would have. Archer would be lamenting his terrible luck if I pulled a win by rolling great dice, but it was the only chance, however poor. When I didn't do that, the game was already over. It's one of those things you have to learn by experience with the game mechanics.

I had planned for 3 rounds, not 4, so I goofed on that, but I'm done.
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 3 Results as of 12/28/2012

Code:
Match    Player 1                              Player 2                     Winner
-----    --------                              --------                     ------
 3-1    ncrcalamine    (Romulan)      vs       Storeylf       (Orion)     ncrcalamine
 3-2   Patrick Doyle   (Tholian)      vs         Monty         (Gorn)         TBD
 3-3      Archer       (Klingon)      vs        Tamari      (Federation)     Archer
 3-4   JimDauphinais  (Federation)    vs        M1A1DAT       (Lyran)       M1A1DAT
 3-5      Manawom       (Kzinti)      vs     Cornelius0791    (Lyran)         TBD

All matches need to be completed by no later than Monday, December 31, 2012 (I am adding yet one more day to the deadline, but that will be it).

Note that this gives everybody three extra days this month to complete their matches.

I am going to adjudicate any uncompleted games on Tuesday the 1st. However, my preference is that folks finish their games in the time remaining and, if not, they together agree to who won and who lost. If they agree they were equally responsible for being unable to find the time to get their game completed, it counts as a loss for both players, not a draw. If I have to adjudicate, it will be pursuant to the tournament rules and the record of the e-mail communications I have between the players in question. Hopefully, this will not be necessary.

Thanks,

Jim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: