Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ST:TOS Enterprise -- size question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sgt_G
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: ST:TOS Enterprise -- size question Reply with quote

This may sound like an off-the-wall question, but I'm working on a project and need to know the total square-footage (square meters, actually) of the ST:TOS Constitution-class heavy cruiser.

The Franz Joseph Technical Manual tells me the ship is 288.6 meters long and its saucer is 127.1 meters diameter, but it doesn't tell me the floor space.

I found a site on-line that has images of several out-of-print deck plans, and I measured and calculated a ballpark number. I have sub-total for just the saucer (which also works for the Saladin-class Destroyer total) and the total for the entire ship.

However, comma, I need an independant source to confirm those values.

I've been Google-searching Trek BBS sites, but thus far have not seen that come up for discussion.

If anyone knows of a valid source for this information, or if you also had a case of OCD and calculated it already, or if you're willing to duplicate my work, please post or PM me the link or value.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Master Sgt, US Air Force, Retired -- 1981-2007 -- 1W091A
SYKOJAK
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Curious, did anyone ever PM you with the answer to your question from above?
Sgt_G
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not yet. I did get a PM the other day from someone who asked exactly what I need / SVC wants. He said he'd be happy to duplicate the work. But, hey! if you or anyone else has the information, by all means let us know. If we all come up with the same numbers +/- 5%, SVC will know they're good.

I'm not allowed to post the link here to the site where I found all the deck plans I used for the measurement, but I'm sure anyone can find it with a quick Google search.

Funny thing: I knew I have hard-copy (store-bought) deck plans for the DN and DD/SC, but I did not know I have the boxed set of deck plans for the CA done by "that other company back in the 1970s" hidden away behind a pile of old computer books until I was trying to clear out some clutter last week. I think I'll re-measure using these one.

Master Sgt, US Air Force, Retired -- 1981-2007 -- 1W091A
gurps_gm
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while back I found a copy of the Enterprise blueprints from 1973. However, there is a disclaimer by the author that states that these blueprints should NOT be construed for the real thing. Well, in so many words.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: