Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another new player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben L.
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Another new player Reply with quote

Hi all,

So about 20 years ago I played maybe a dozen games of SFB. Enough to get the idea, but nowhere near enough to scratch the surface of the surface. It seemed totally awesome but was also overwhelming. I had a hankering to try it again recently, and was greatly relieved to discover that FC existed. So I bought the game and found my way here.

I'm new to both the client and the game, but if anyone is generous and patient enough to deal with that, I'd love to play some games. If it looks like I can find enough people to play occasionally (maybe every other week), I'll definitely subscribe. I thought I would just pose the question here before diving in.

Generally, I have a fair amount of flexibility during week days, and can do some nights after 9pm Chicago time, (central time/GMT -5). Weekends are harder, but could conceivably work in the mid afternoon once in a while.

Thanks!
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm usually up for a game, though I'm in the UK so it may be harder to schedule.

If you are interested then I'm usually* free Tue/Wed/Thur + Weekends from about 8pm (curently british summer time, GMT +1).

* The next week or 2 may be a bit hit and miss as my dad is in hospital.
Ben L.
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks storyelf. I could definitely do a weekday night after 8pm your time. I'll pm you. Sorry to hear about your dad.
CarlZog
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben:

I'm pretty new too, though I've only been playing SFB. I have not played any FC yet. Frankly, I really love all the nitty gritty details in SFB.

If you're interested trying out SFB online, let me know.
Ben L.
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Carl,

I did try to reacquaint myself with SFB before I realized what FC was. So I do have the rules and have tried to tackle them. And I gather that there's a lot more action on the SFB side, so I may take you up on your offer.

But from where I'm sitting, man does that look like a steep learning curve!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: