Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Captain Log #5 "Day of the Eagle"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Captain's Log
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fed Marine
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Captain Log #5 "Day of the Eagle" Reply with quote

If anyone out there still has it laying around somewhere i'm looking for the exact ship breakdown of the Federation 6th Fleet from CL#5 "Day of the Eagle".I use to have it years ago and have been looking for it again with no luck.
Steve
U.S.S.Lexington
NCC-1703

Last edited by Fed Marine on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still buy this from ADB as a photocopied version on the shopping cart. I'll see if I can dig up the list and PM it to you.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Fed Marine
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you .
U.S.S.Lexington
NCC-1703
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually...

Romulan Attack has a breakdown of Sixth Fleet at the time of the Romulan Invasion, and the RA breakdown includes the ship classes that didn't exist back when CL #5 was written. It also includes a carrier or two, even though those ships aren't currently playable in Fed Com.

You do have to look in a few different locations for the various ships, however.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On 2 August, 2573, the Romulan Empire invaded the Federation, joining The General War. This day “lived in infamy” as “The Day Of The Eagle”.
Hundreds of Romulan ships stormed across the border in a massive invasion including four entire Star Legions under command of the Fleet of the West. Ships from these fleets targeted border patrols, starbases, battle stations, colony planets, convoys, and —more than anything else — the ships of the Federation Sixth Fleet.
The Sixth Fleet’s First Division (on the left flank) included the command cruiser Lexington (the separated saucer was rescued by a Gorn battlecruiser), the frigate Burke (which was not attacked and made it back to Battle Station 11), the frigate Lehman (destroyed), the old light cruiser Suffolk (which survived a battle with a Romulan cruiser), the destroyer Genghis Khan (which survived a battle with Romulans), the new light cruiser Groton (the crew was rescued from the separated saucer), and the older cruiser Republic (which survived with heavy damage).
The Second Division (in the central sector) included the older cruiser Reshadije (damaged at Denebola), the the new light cruiser Prince of Wales (damaged at Denebola), the old light cruisers Anatolia and Macedonia (both destroyed), the destroyer Xerxes (damaged at Denebola), the frigate Drake (which escaped a trap), and the frigate Rommel (which barely survived a running battle days later).
The Third Division included the cruiser Potemkin, the old light cruiser Kashmir, the frigate Zhadanov (all of which survived, linked up, and conducted a fighting retreat), and the frigate Mallory (destroyed).
The Fourth Division (a battle group built around the Nimitz) and Fifth Division (a battle group built around the Raeder) were not engaged until several days later and conducted a fighting retreat against the advancing Romulans.
Command elements of the Sixth Fleet included the dreadnought Unification, the Scout Crockett, the Tug Copernicus (none of which reached the front until several days later), the destroyer Darius (destroyed at Denebola), and the frigate Guderian (which barely survived a running battle days later).
Admiral Matthews, commander of the Sixth Fleet, was relieved of command for incompetence. After the debacle at Olesen’s Reach and the subsequent Federation elections, the new government restored him to duty (he was in charge of fleet logistics for most of the war). His court-martial remained “pending” until the General War was over (it would have been too controversial to either convict or acquit him) at which time the government cleared him of wrongdoing as its final act before losing the post-war elections.
Fed Marine
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You for the info Mr Cole
It was one of my favorite CL's ever and still one of the best that ADB put out and it reminds me alot of what happened to the U.S.Navy's Pacific and Asiatic Fleets in 1941-42.
Put yourself in for a Star Fleet Cross !
U.S.S.Lexington
NCC-1703
Mike_S
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Text difficult to read on iPad Reply with quote

I purchased CL#5 from e23, and noticed the text is quite difficult to read on the iPad and the "Preview" program that's part of Mac OS X. Here's a screenshot:

But the text appears fine using Adobe Reader:

However, CL#1 from e23 displays perfectly on the iPad and in Preview. I guess the two PDFs were generated using different options... would be nice if I could read CL#5 on my iPad. Also, I'm not sure if the other CL's on e23 suffer from the same issue, so I'm a bit hesitant to purchase more.

-Mike
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We initially uploaded 1-16 from one PDF generator.

Over time, we replaced them all with better PDFs from another generator.

I don't know if the CL#5 you got is one of the originals or one of the improved versions, but the improved versions are a free upgrade (re-download) from e23 if you bought the original one there.

So it sounds like you are comparing the late version of CL1 and the early version of CL5. Go download it again and compare again. If the problem persists, you're beyond what anyone on this forum can do for you and you will need to email Leanna (Sales@StarFleetGames.com) and ask her to look into it. She is in charge of e23 uploads and never reads the forums.
Mike_S
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Thanks, I'll contact Leanna.

Just for completeness, I downloaded the newest version of CL#1 (released 4/4/2012) from e23, and it has the same readability issue. The version I downloaded back in February works fine. The earlier one was produced by "Adobe Acrobat 6.02 Image Conversion Plug-in", while the problematic one was by "ABBYY FineReader 11".

-Mike
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, you may as well be speaking in Lower Urdu. None of that means anything to me. It's just gibberish.

I do know that the later re-uploads are vastly superior to the originals.
Mike_S
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

In a nutshell, on the iPad the legibility of the text in the newer version of CL#1 is worse than the older version. It seems the newer version was generated differently from the older version, so that's probably the culprit.

CL#5 is also not very legible, but I don't have an old version to compare to.

If your staff decides to tweak how these PDFs are generated, I'd be happy to test their legibility on my iPad.

In the mean time, maybe a notice should be posted to the e23 listings that the PDF doesn't display well on the iPad and in Preview on the Mac.

Thanks,

-Mike
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, your wasting your time talking to me about it, or post it here. Only Leanna can help you, assuming that the issue actually exists, which I have no way to confirm. So, go talk to Leanna (who never, ever, reads this forum.)
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, you can reach Leanna by emailing the Sales office of ADB. If you need Leanna's email, please PM me and I'll pass it your way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Captain's Log All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: