Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACTASF2: Battleships

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> A Call to Arms Star Fleet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: ACTASF2: Battleships Reply with quote

On the Mongoose blog, Matt Sprange mentioned that work is beginning on the second ACTASF book, tentatively titled "Battleships". He hinted that it will probably have battleships in it.

A lot of people are looking forward to the B10, but myself I would like to see the Federation BB. I want the Kali to lead my fleets.[/i]
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current plan is to start by including the battleships, heavy dreadnoughts, light dreadnoughts, the seltorians, and the rest of the Tholians (i.e., Tholian Attack, Battleships Attack). We may or may not include the "light dreadnoughts". The rest of the Orions from Orion Attack will go in there, and a cool ahip or two for every empire. Once we get past that point and see how much of the book is still empty, the Lyrans are next in line. The Hydrans will probably be in book 3 with the rest of the fighters/carriers.

Last edited by Steve Cole on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marauder
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited to hear that fighters are being considered for ACTASF. I read over on Mongoose's forums that there was a good chance there would not be fighters since they were not in Federation Commander (other than Hydrans).
asguard101
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the Klingon ships get SFG on the B-10 or will it just be the FC version of the B-10?
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no SFG rules in ACTA yet,and probably won't be for a while.
Although, now that I think of it - there are some definite possibilities there.

I need to think about this some more than maybe, possibly, might need to email Matthew.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One issue with the light and heavy dreadnoughts is how the pre-existing Squadron Box layouts are presented; if the Klingon C5 is to be offered in that format, it would have to go in with the Lyran and Hydran DNLs and DNHs in a 2500-series take on SB#17.

That said, the C5 could be offered as an individual blister to start off with, leaving its Squadron Box in reserve until the other two fleets are published.

(Similarly, Border Box #6 might need to be held back, since it has the Monarch and Cave Lion included there, too.)
Davyj0427
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might do what they are doing with ACTANA and sell the DN and battleships in separate blisters.
Marauder
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
The current plan is to start by including the battleships, heavy dreadnoughts, light dreadnoughts, the seltorians, and the rest of the Tholians (i.e., Tholian Attack, Battleships Attack). We may or may not include the "light dreadnoughts". The rest of the Orions from Orion Attack will go in there, and a cool ahip or two for every empire. Once we get past that point and see how much of the book is still empty, the Lyrans are next in line. The Hydrans will probably be in book 3 with the rest of the fighters/carriers.

Just curious, but currently all the ships in ACTA are based on FC correct? I don't own FC (just 90's SFB material), but I've read somewhere that there aren't many carriers in FC. So how do the carriers get into ACTA? Will you adapt the carriers into FC first or can you go straight from SFB to ACTA?

-Tim
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim - Carrier and Strike Fighter rules are already out for playtesting in Borders of Madness so in effect they are already available for Federation Commander. I am sure making the stats for the ACTASF carriers would probably take less than 5 minutes per ship.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carriers won't enter ACTASF until ACTASF3 (based on current plans) in the summer of 2013 (and that's just lightly penciled in, not a firm commitment to date or contents).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> A Call to Arms Star Fleet All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: