Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SFM On Ships?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Marines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadSyntax
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: SFM On Ships? Reply with quote

Any possibilities when this comes out it will include a few special SSDs that allow you to fight out marine battles on ships with more detail? Perhaps just a blown up Fed-CA with all the transit tubes drawn in, and boxes placed for guards and such, allowing one to use the SFM counters to more slowly and with more detail take over a ship? Maybe a few of these turns = 1 SFB turn sorta scale?

Seems to make it fit better in the universe.

I saw the demo game on youtube, and it looks like it has potential, but would really like to see units be a bit different and have more armor/artillery type options (starships aren't always in orbit). Say 1 strength point in SFB is a 5, and a GCV is 1 strength point. In SFB it could be from 3 to 7 actual strength points... if that makes sense. Just enough detail so a Klingon tank may be better than romulan tanks, or gorn marines tougher, or whatever. This could help explain out that whole "gorn/kzinti/lyran get more BP cuz they are tougher" explanation. I dunno, I want it as its SFB, but I really think it needs quite a bit more than what I saw to justify a standalone product over something in the next captain's log.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, none at all. (And this has already been asked and has already been answered. Check for that topic for more info.)

The Marines combat system uses 200m hexes. A ship is one hex. Marines INSIDE a ship is a whole separate game system. SFB has such a system and KRAG (to be done in two years) may be more what you're thinking of.
BadSyntax
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok, Krag, got it, sounds great, can't wait!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Marines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: